FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 18]

51Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:16 pm

I wonder if Carney switching to Chelsea would be the cause of or the solution to Davison joining City. I would think solution. But the wording of the tweets suggest Carney to Chelsea came first?

52Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:24 pm

If Carney is indeed leaving Birmingham it maybe points towards their investment not happening. She was speaking towards the back end of last season about how the club had plans to go full time, but the only time frame she gave was 'soon'. Perhaps it isn't going to be soon enough. Which means she might not be only departure.

53Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Guest wrote:If Carney is indeed leaving Birmingham it maybe points towards their investment not happening. She was speaking towards the back end of last season about how the club had plans to go full time, but the only time frame she gave was 'soon'. Perhaps it isn't going to be soon enough. Which means she might not be only departure.
I think she said hopefully next year, as in 2016. But it stuck me as odd that there wasn't a higher degree of certainty to what she was saying. There is no reason to be coy when letting people in on your plans for something like this, you may as well just say it's happening if it is. And it would take a lot for her to leave them. So put it all together and you might well be right that they haven't been able to go full time yet.

54Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:02 am

That will be a huge loss for Birmingham City, they just couldn't score last year without Carney. The were in a serious relegation battle with Bristol Academy until Carney came back. It's sad to see them not get the backing they deserve, they were a good side. Loved when they knocked out Chelsea in the semifinals of the CL. A club with true heart.

55Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:10 am

Loved when they knocked out Chelsea in the semifinals of the CL

Arsenal not Chelsea and the quarterfinals not semifinals. I shouldn't post this late at night :p

56Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:38 am

Guest wrote:I wonder if Carney switching to Chelsea would be the cause of or the solution to Davison joining City. I would think solution. But the wording of the tweets suggest Carney to Chelsea came first?
He speaks like Carney is a done deal, whereas Davison is only a might. So you're right that Carney is one of the first you would think of if you ever found yourself needing to replace Davison but it doesn't sound like that is what has happened here. And given the season which Davison has just had, I'm not sure she would be the one getting reduced playing time in order to fit Carney in anyway, so that shouldn't be the cause of a Davison departure.

57Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:18 am

This is the same guy who broke the Beard/Boston news (though only a day(?) in advance) and if he has got the scoop on Carney/Chelsea as well then he obviously knows his stuff this winter. So it would be a bit odd for him to also be making complete guesses on moves in the same breath. You would have thought he must believe there is some degree of smoke behind Davison/City to have said it. That doesn't mean he believes correctly though.

58Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:04 am

Guest wrote:This is the same guy who broke the Beard/Boston news (though only a day(?) in advance) and if he has got the scoop on Carney/Chelsea as well then he obviously knows his stuff this winter. So it would be a bit odd for him to also be making complete guesses on moves in the same breath. You would have thought he must believe there is some degree of smoke behind Davison/City to have said it. That doesn't mean he believes correctly though.
Agreed. He has been in this game a long time and we don't have many sources for news in this country. If he is giving us information not only will it be legit it is also very unlikely he is breaking anybody's confidence otherwise clubs and players would have stopped speaking to him long ago. So there is every reason to believe Carney to Chelsea is absolutely correct. But him speaking about Davison to City is odd to say the least.

59Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:21 am

There is one immediately assumable reason for why Davison would want to go to City. But an assumption is all it would be. And it's a pretty flimsy one at that since you would also have to first assume she is leaving Chelsea as well. So that's two assumptions. And you're probably only making those two because you're also assuming Carney going to Chelsea could be related to Davison wanting out. Three assumptions in all probably equals pure guess. It's only because this has come from Leighton that it hasn't been dismissed straight away.

60Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:51 am

Guest wrote:That will be a huge loss for Birmingham City, they just couldn't score last year without Carney. The were in a serious relegation battle with Bristol Academy until Carney came back. It's sad to see them not get the backing they deserve, they were a good side.
There isn't enough info to consider assists accurately but from what I can see she played a role in at least five of their seven league goals. So they are going to lose their top goal scorer, penalty taker (half their goals came from spot kicks), all-round set piece taker, and captain in one transfer. And if her exit is an indication that others may follow then they are in real trouble.

62Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Guest wrote:There isn't enough info to consider assists accurately but from what I can see she played a role in at least five of their seven league goals. So they are going to lose their top goal scorer, penalty taker (half their goals came from spot kicks), all-round set piece taker, and captain in one transfer. And if her exit is an indication that others may follow then they are in real trouble.
She basically is Birmingham Ladies so you would have thought she is one player who will have given them leniency and been far more open to sticking around out of loyalty even if she could get better elsewhere. So yeah, if she is leaving then it's easy to think others may too. And by others I mean anybody in or on the fringes of the senior England squad. But time will tell. They can only leave if there is somewhere else for them to go after all.

63Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:50 pm

[quote]This is the same guy who broke the Beard/Boston news (though only a day(?) in advance[/b]

Glen Moore broke the Beard to the Boston Breakers new not Leighton

64Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:05 pm

^ Whether it was Leighton or Moore, I think Leighton is still well enough connected for us to believe he has tweeted this information because there is something reliable behind it. For the Carney info at least. He makes it clear his Davison move is only a maybe.

65Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:33 am

I would love to know if Chelsea headhunted Carney or if she shopped herself around and Chelsea were the ones who bit. 

When you already have Aluko, Kirby, Ji and Davison up top it won't be easy to get Carney into the mix as well. None of the aforementioned would willingly accept becoming a bench option to allow Carney to come in as a default starter. Maybe that is why Leighton said Davison would be off? He might have just looked at the one who is the closest player type to Carney and said it must be you.

68Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:54 am

Liverpool were always very likely to end up with either Chamberlain or Earps since those two are the only immediately available keepers already in the league. They'd have been fine picking either, but I think they've made the right decision going for the more experienced one as they need some old heads about the place.

69Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Does this mean the Fara to Arseal announcement is soon?

70Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:09 pm

Guest wrote:Does this mean the Fara to Arseal announcement is soon?
It hadn't even occurred to me that this was a Liverpool/Arsenal deal until I read this. I suppose they could have done a joint announcement if they had wanted to. Some kind of NWSL trade-like news. But this Fara to Arsenal thing has died down now to the point where I'm wandering if it's even happening. Not just because so much has changed at both clubs, but because nobody has leaked it in the months which the rumour has been doing the rounds. The journos obviously have their ear to ground (see Beard to Boston and Carney to Chelsea). Why hasn't somebody ~confirmed~ Fara to Arsenal for us?

71Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:21 pm

If Fara is still going to Arsenal she should take a hard look at Chamberlain's time there

72Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:44 pm

Guest wrote:The journos obviously have their ear to ground (see Beard to Boston and Carney to Chelsea). Why hasn't somebody ~confirmed~ Fara to Arsenal for us?
The guy who runs @wosozone has tweeted at least once about a transfer which fits Fara & Arsenal, but he doesn't go into specifics and didn't here either so it's only possible to assume this is the move he was talking about. 

Most aren't prepared to risk their sources by saying what they aren't given the okay to say. So at worst they keep schtum and at best they stay vague. If Fara is already an Arsenal player though there isn't any harm being done by one of them telling us early. And it's a big enough move for somebody to want to. Yet nobody is.

73Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:32 pm

but he doesn't go into specifics and didn't here either so it's only possible to assume this is the move he was talking about.

When has he posted on here?

If Fara is already an Arsenal player though there isn't any harm being done by one of them telling us early. And it's a big enough move for somebody to want to. Yet nobody is.

Chamberlain's was a done deal and yet wasn't leaked ahead of time. What is the odd about Fara, if she has signed for Arsenal, why are they sitting on the signing? The only reason I can think of is that maybe they were wanting to announce all their signings in the new year but the dutch midfielder let the cat out of the bag back in November by tweeting about it. So they announced her right away but are waiting on the others.

74Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:58 pm

The main reason to wonder if Fara to Arsenal is happening or not that the rumour originated from unverifiable sources who were saying things that didn't match up to what we were actually seeing, i.e. they were telling us she had signed for them at the same time she was still playing for Liverpool's dev team. You don't need to be an insider to know it can't possibly have been finalised at that point. So if their info was wrong in regards to it being finalised it's fair game to question whether they were wrong by a bigger extent.

It may well be that her move just wasn't officially done at the time the rumour came about, and maybe it still isn't done now. But until somebody well placed comes along to give better confirmation--which hasn't happened yet--by elaborating on what we already know--which hasn't changed at all from the initial rumour--we can't guess either way what is or isn't or has or hasn't gone on.

75Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:42 pm

It may well be that her move just wasn't officially done at the time the rumour came about, and maybe it still isn't done now. But until somebody well placed comes along to give better confirmation--which hasn't happened yet -- by elaborating on what we already know

As someone has already posted the bloke from wosozone did heavily hint that Fara was going to Arsenal a month back. While I think he is bit of a whiner and a toady he has legit sources at Arsenal (I don't know about other clubs) so it is a very viable rumour and why would he need to reconfirm the rumoured move when he and others have already openly tweeted about it. Whether it's happening or not, I highly doubt we will hear any sort of confirmation until the clubs make an official statement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum