FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 18]

76Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Fara to Arsenal is either done but being sat on by Arsenal for whatever reason. Done but being sat on by Fara herself for whatever reason. Still on the table but not decided. Happening but not finalised. Or just not happening full stop. And a case could be made for any one of them being the explanation. Fun times.

77Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Which @wosozone tweets are we talking about exactly? Because I can only remember there being one. And it was an extremely vague comment made in response to the announcement of the van de Donk signing which said nothing more than 'another midfielder is on the way' or something to that affect. 

It was said a month ago. Right at the same time the Fara/Arsenal rumour appeared on anonymous internet forums. It was even before November's England games, when Fara was still was playing for Liverpool's development squad. 

As pointed out, the move won't have been done then. What's to say it never fell through.

78Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:20 pm

If this rumour appeared at the same time Fara was still playing for a Liverpool side then her 'signing' for Arsenal wasn't her signing at all -- but it could have been a verbal agreement to. Which the ITK's have misinterpreted as the cue to say it's done and dusted. They wouldn't be wrong, but they wouldn't be right either. It could be that it went on to become a genuine transfer, but since verbal doesn't mean binding it could also be that the transfer never materialised.

79Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:33 pm

If we are doing twitter rumour I'm adding this one because things are too dead for my liking...

Women's Football @WoSoWorld
Btw, a

80Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Not sure what happened there. 

Women's Football @WoSoWorld
Btw, a has told me that Liverpool Ladies will sign a dutchie. #OfficialinJanuary

Adam Montague ‏@u_switch
@WoSoWorld for the left hand side I take it. with plenty of passes to be made

81Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:40 pm

If this rumour appeared at the same time Fara was still playing for a Liverpool side then her 'signing' for Arsenal wasn't her signing at all -- but it could have been a verbal agreement to. Which the ITK's have misinterpreted as the cue to say it's done and dusted. They wouldn't be wrong, but they wouldn't be right either. It could be that it went on to become a genuine transfer, but since verbal doesn't mean binding it could also be that the transfer never materialised.

Good points. The tweet from the wosozone was after Fara was done with the development squad and after her contract would have been up at Liverpool. I think that it's practically done and dusted at this point and can't understand why Arsenal or Fara are holding the announcement. Maybe if they drag it out long enough, no one will fucking care by the time they announce it.

82Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Guest wrote:Good points. The tweet from the wosozone was after Fara was done with the development squad and after her contract would have been up at Liverpool. I think that it's practically done and dusted at this point and can't understand why Arsenal or Fara are holding the announcement. Maybe if they drag it out long enough, no one will fucking care by the time they announce it.
If they don't do it soon then we're going to know what's what based on where she reports for pre-season training. It can it only be couple of weeks away. So maybe you're right and are they are taking the announcing it without announcing it approach. Maybe somebody involved is nostalgic for the WSL olden days, that bygone era when we never got told about transfers and were just left with the surprise of seeing who walked out of the dressing rooms in which kit.

83Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:55 pm

I can remember clubs making announcements as late as Dec 23rd last year so we still have three work days for news to reach us officially, not just for Fara but for any transfers. Though having said that I don't expect a mad rush of clubs getting their news out. I imagine that will instead come in the first two weeks of January.

84Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Confirmed http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/12/chelsea-ladies-sign-carney.html

85Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Now we wait to see if Davison goes anywhere.

86Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Parker's statement on Carney basically says that despite her leaving the club have made improvements off the pitch. So I guess they have done work but it still wasn't enough to keep her. http://www.birminghamcityladiesfc.co.uk/news/parker_statement_on_carney_departure.html#eZf58BFWAVdDkXbD.97

88Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Here's an odd one...

I wonder if Chelsea is looking to bring in some foreign midfielders

89Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Guest wrote:Now we wait to see if Davison goes anywhere.
Hayes has saved us the bother. She won't be leaving. https://twitter.com/emmahayes1/status/679289671172489217

90Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Guest wrote:I wonder if Chelsea is looking to bring in some foreign midfielders
Possible. But I think it's also possible that they're just making space in the middle for Carney. As apposed to making space for her in the forward line.

91Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Guest wrote:Hayes has saved us the bother. She won't be leaving.
I wonder if Leighton took a complete guess then or if he had something behind his prediction. It sounded like a guess to me.

92Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Guest wrote:Possible. But I think it's also possible that they're just making space in the middle for Carney. As apposed to making space for her in the forward line.
If Davison isn't leaving as Hayes says, and if Ji's new contract is correct as the reports say, and if something very unexpected hasn't happened to Aluko or Kirby - then you're right that the midfield is where it is easier to fit Carney into the equation because they have four presumably undroppable players up top. We just have to wait and see if Coombs is their only midfield departure.

94Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:20 pm

McCabe must be taking Ubogagu's place?

Leighton has been tweeting again, this time about Arsenal having a big transfer. He must be talking about Fara but he gave no specifics. I have no idea why this one is getting so much secrecy and delay.

95Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Whoever Leighton is talking about is 'in the offing' per his wording. You would have thought Fara was done by now if it is happening or at least further along than 'in the offing' implies. So he might be talking about somebody else entirely. But you're not wrong that if Fara is indeed going to Arsenal it's taking an unusually long time for it to even be unofficially confirmed beyond doubt.

96Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Anything which Leighton says from now on should be taken with a pinch of salt since he pulled Davison to City out of his arse. And the same attitude should be taken whenever he or anybody else claims to have the insider info but won't actually share enough for it to mean anything. His last tweet basically amounts to nothing more than 'Arsenal are signing a player'. Whoop de doo. I could have tweeted that myself.

97Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Anything which Leighton says from now on should be taken with a pinch of salt since he pulled Davison to City out of his arse.

I don't know, a lot of our "journalists" were patting him on the back for breaking the Carney news. His tweet about Arsenal signing a "real big" player was comical. I think anyone could predict that they are going to sign a quality striker at the very least before the season begins.

98Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Guest wrote:I don't know, a lot of our "journalists" were patting him on the back for breaking the Carney news.
I think that's different, he obviously had the inside track there. But you can't go following it up with things like what he tweeted about Davison and not expect people to question everything you say from then on.

100Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Whoever Leighton is talking about is 'in the offing' per his wording. You would have thought Fara was done by now if it is happening or at least further along than 'in the offing' implies.

His responses to his tweets suggest that he was referring to Fara. Which if he is that has to be one of the most drawn out free transfers on record. She hasn't been a contracted player at any club for over a month and it was a inter-WSL transfer so it wasn't like they had to deal visas and work permits. I would love to know what the hold up was/is. I wonder if this long drawn out processes are going to be the norm with the influx of agents in the league now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum