FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 18]

226Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:02 am

Guest wrote:Good little spell for Beattie though she should be coming back brimming with confidence and ready for a new season. I wonder if she'll bring back any of her Melbourne City teammates that don't have other club commitments, maybe DeVanna?
It's certainly possible that we might start to see the first Man City/Melbourne City flip flops happening in this window. If not now then I'm sure it will be soon. 

I haven't been paying as attention to which Aussie's have and haven't stated they are going back to the NWSL this year because the Olympics will be throwing that off as teams decide they don't want to put their eggs in the basket of players who will be in Rio and therefore missing club games.

227Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:28 am

Guest wrote:I haven't been paying as attention to which Aussie's have and haven't stated they are going back to the NWSL this year because the Olympics will be throwing that off as teams decide they don't want to put their eggs in the basket of players who will be in Rio and therefore missing club games.
Could this not apply to the WSL also? I know it usually doesn't... but according to the official Continental Cup round dates, our break this year - if we are even having one - won't prevent a clash with the Olympics. The quarterfinals are being played at the same time as the Olympic group stage. We haven't seen the league dates yet but it seems pretty likely that there would be a clash there also because clubs have to release their players 14 days before their first Olympic game, and it wouldn't make sense to pause the league at that 14 day mark but then have quarterfinals two weeks later.

229Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Spencer I can sort of understand because Chelsea were always going to get a Hourihan replacement from somewhere, but it's another case of a player deciding that riding the bench somewhere else is better than being first choice where they are. Is it really so bad at Birmingham? I thought they said they had stepped it up.

Bailey I don't get at all. If you're leaving your club because they can't give you playing time what's the point going to somewhere that can't give you a starting spot.

230Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 pm

It's very interesting that Birmingham allowed Spencer to leave when they needn't have as she was still under contract. And they say she was speaking to Chelsea in the Christmas break which is still rather recent so they will have been more than aware of how many keepers have already moved around leaving them with practically nobody to replace her with. Were they that desperate for the transfer fee or what?

231Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Guest wrote:Bailey I don't get at all. If you're leaving your club because they can't give you playing time what's the point going to somewhere that can't give you a starting spot.
Not just that but I don't understand why Arsenal have let her go permanently. They have moved her out to move Williams in. You don't swap somebody of 20 for somebody of 32, and especially not when the 20 year old is as promising as Bailey is. So this doesn't make much sense from Arsenal's point of view or Bailey's. Only Chelsea win this one, if they are, as you would assume, eyeing her as Chapman's successor.

232Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Guest wrote:Not just that but I don't understand why Arsenal have let her go permanently. They have moved her out to move Williams in. You don't swap somebody of 20 for somebody of 32, and especially not when the 20 year old is as promising as Bailey is. So this doesn't make much sense from Arsenal's point of view or Bailey's. Only Chelsea win this one, if they are, as you would assume, eyeing her as Chapman's successor.
She did the right thing leaving Arsenal because for her own sake she needs somebody who will play her regularly. But it's that reason for leaving which makes her choice of destination a bit of a headscratcher. Chelsea will give her more playing time but still not enough of it and not as much as others could have. It would be disappointing if Chelsea were the only ones interested in her.

233Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Not just that but I don't understand why Arsenal have let her go permanently. They have moved her out to move Williams in. You don't swap somebody of 20 for somebody of 32, and especially not when the 20 year old is as promising as Bailey is. So this doesn't make much sense from Arsenal's point of view or Bailey's. Only Chelsea win this one, if they are, as you would assume, eyeing her as Chapman's successor.

I totally agree with this, there is a lot of odd decision making going on at Arsenal. Letting go of Niamh Fahey last year in order to keep an older, declining Stoney was also a head scratcher. Hayes was wise to pick up both players and I think that Bailey is a good addition to Chelsea.

234Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:43 pm

Guest wrote:It's very interesting that Birmingham allowed Spencer to leave when they needn't have as she was still under contract. And they say she was speaking to Chelsea in the Christmas break which is still rather recent so they will have been more than aware of how many keepers have already moved around leaving them with practically nobody to replace her with. Were they that desperate for the transfer fee or what?
It could be them wanting to go into what will be a difficult season with players who are 100% committed. If Chelsea turned Spencer's head then they could have decided she is no use to them anymore. Managers come to that conclusion all the time. But in Birmingham's circumstances there is a fine line between it being the right call and the wrong call and it boils down to whether or not you can find an alternative.

Or maybe it really was just a matter of cashing in. So I wonder if anybody else will now be tempted to test them with offers for the rest of their squad on the basis that they let one go late so they might let more go.

235Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:48 pm

I was surprised to see Spencer leave Birmingham City, especially to be a second choice goalie. Although maybe the draw was better training and facilities. Good business for Hayes though, Spencer is imo a better goalie than Hourihan and will be a good back up for Lindahl. I wonder if Birmingham City are going to get Earps from Bristol Academy? And what's going on with Moore, I can't see her staying with such a gutted squad? Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool?

236Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Guest wrote:And what's going on with Moore, I can't see her staying with such a gutted squad? Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool?
I know there was a brief discussion about Moore (and Potter) going to Liverpool because they were the obvious ones in need of a midfield - but if the rumoured signings of Weir and van den Berg are correct, that would give them Ingle, Coombs, Weir, a displaced Murray, Zelem and possibly Staniforth in the middle. I can't see them adding Moore to that. If Staniforth has left then there is perhaps room for her. To get Potter as well it would mean them signing Weir for a role which isn't in the midfield.

Chelsea don't need her either you wouldn't have thought. City might be a good shout, they're yet to do any business for somebody like her and they are in need.

237Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Guest wrote:NWSL ‏@NWSL Jan 6
#NWSL Reveals Preliminary List of Eligible Players for 2016 College Draft. Read: http://nwsl.us/1mGRmGb 
One of the names on this list has already gone to Bayern so Rachel Daly returning home is still on until it isn't.

238Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 pm

For those who are on van den Berg Watch... Netherlands just announced their latest training squad and she is listed as unattached.

239Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:51 pm

Guest wrote:I wonder if Birmingham City are going to get Earps from Bristol Academy?
I thought I saw something on twitter which said Earps was staying at Bristol but I could be wrong. If I am it's always hard to predict whether a player would return to an old club. She only left Birmingham two years ago and it doesn't sound like things have gotten any better there in the time since. So I guess it would come down to how desperate she is to stay in WSL1.

240Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

I haven't been paying as attention to which Aussie's have and haven't stated they are going back to the NWSL this year because the Olympics will be throwing that off as teams decide they don't want to put their eggs in the basket of players who will be in Rio and therefore missing club games.

I don't think that Oz are going to the Olympics this year their completion is rather stiff

241Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 am

Guest wrote:What's the deal with James? She has neither been announced as released nor retained yet.
I saw a poster on another board saying that she is out of contract and wants to leave but Bristol are taking the unusual step of asking for u24 compensation of an excessive amount, meaning anybody who approaches her subsequently changes their mind. Or that was the situation at the time it was posted anyway.

243Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Sunderland extensions for Bannon and Williams http://www.safc.com/news/ladies/2016/new-deals-for-ladies-duo

244Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Are there still no actual arrivals at Sunderland? I know there was a link to Staniforth that came from somewhere but I don't remember seeing or hearing anything else. They won't repeat last season's 4th place finish using the same squad.

245Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Guest wrote:Are there still no actual arrivals at Sunderland? I know there was a link to Staniforth that came from somewhere but I don't remember seeing or hearing anything else.
I'm not aware of anything so far that has gone public in any way, bar the Staniforth thing. I'm surprised they haven't said more by now. They seem to still be in their release and renewals stages of announcements. Bit slow in comparison to some. 

And I'm surprised this week hasn't had more announcements in general given everybody is reporting for preseason. How long does it take to snap a photo with a shirt?  Laughing

246Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:11 pm

And I'm surprised this week hasn't had more announcements in general given everybody is reporting for preseason.
I wonder if this week some clubs are bringing in players on trial to see if they are a good fit before signing them?

247Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Guest wrote:I wonder if this week some clubs are bringing in players on trial to see if they are a good fit before signing them?
I could see that happening with lesser known players who clubs are wondering if they should take a punt on, but we're supposedly waiting for announcements of some fully fledged senior internationals (Liverpool) and if you asked them to trail they might well tell you to get lost. But it could explain why some clubs have been unusually quiet.

248Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:And I'm surprised this week hasn't had more announcements in general given everybody is reporting for preseason.
Things got interesting for a while back there but now it's all gone a bit flat again the last couple of days. The expected confirmations won't do it for me any more, I want surprises.

249Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:28 pm

I want surprises.
I think the only surprises this off season was Carney (which was leaked ahead of time) and Spenser leaving Birmingham City. There was so much talk and stalling on Fara's transfer that it wasn't a surprise at all, it was damn relief when happened. I don't expect any other surprises unless City brings in a high-profile foreigner. Even Moore leaving Birmingham wouldn't be a surprise and like you mentioned expected confirmations or heavily hinted moves are a bit stale.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum