FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player ins & outs and all round squad discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

van de Sanden confirmed means that regardless of what happens with Oshoala now we have the same number of options up top this season as we did last season. It's all coming along very nicely.

Look's like we're all set for the season squad-wise.

Scott Rogers
‏@ScottRogers86
Squad = Complete. It has been a very productive transfer window. Welcome to @LFCladies @ShaniceJanice #YNWA

The only reservation I have about van de Sanden is not her herself but her nationality. She won't do a thing to help our Olympic absentee problem, she actually makes it potentially worse. New Zealand already qualified so White likely goes. If Sweden qualify Lundh likely goes. If Netherlands qualify van de Sanden (and van den Berg) likely goes. So we've just increased our chances of being two forwards down, and also increased our possible number of absentees from two to three.

I was really hoping any more signings we made wouldn't be going anywhere near Rio so we could try and capitalise on others losing players.

Let's be real if the Dutch are going to Rio, Arsenal will be up in arms since they will be out three or four their key players. I wouldn't be surprised if the FA changed the fixture list because of it. Also doesn't the summer transfer window fall around that time? Maybe Rogers could get another forward in if necessary, they would probably be cheaper during that time too.

Guest wrote:Look's like we're all set for the season squad-wise.

Scott Rogers @ScottRogers86
Squad = Complete. It has been a very productive transfer window
I guess Murray and Longhurst will be our extra midfielders if needed. Not sure who would fill in at RB though. We have four fullbacks if Schroder is still here but three of them are left footed so it's not ideal.

I wonder if Rogers is going to try to convert Murray into a backup right back cover as well as midfield

Guest wrote:I wonder if Rogers is going to try to convert Murray into a backup right back cover as well as midfield
It's possible. When we first signed her I initially wasn't sure if she was coming in as a fullback or centerback because she was such an attacking defender in her college days. If we do ever use her as RB cover she will again be a left footed player on the 'wrong' side.

guest wrote:I saw on twitter someone saying that we plan on loaning out Dale to Sheffield.
They were correct https://twitter.com/SFCLadies/status/696023496598622208

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum