FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player ins & outs and all round squad discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

I'm really starting to like our squad but I'm starting to get paranoid. Does this silhouette look like any of our players?
https://twitter.com/BostonBreakers/status/689900540084514816
I wouldn't forgive Matt if he poached anymore our players? Is Oshoala back for pre-season?

I too have been off down the 'does this silhouette look like one of ours' road of paranoia and realised on my journey that they use the same silhouette for every announcement. I have no idea who it actually is though  Laughing

re: Oshoala. She was still at home(?) a few days ago as per her instagram. Plenty of videos of her training in her kit though. She seems to get longer time off than the others. She's probably on her way back if she isn't here already.

Guest wrote:As already posted, if we did get more they're not likely to be starting player profile and it would therefore be much easier to arrive undetected.
That depends which third of the pitch we're talking about.

Defence is likely set now unless the club knows something about Schroder's fitness which we don't. Any signings here would very likely be cover. Central midfield being set depends on how and why Coombs is here. If we brought her in to get full use then she's a starter and we don't need any more of them. But if we just saw her as a cheap and convenient addition then she could just be cover meaning a starter is still to come. Unlikely imo but the loan bit clouds this one. The rest is only set if you buy into the assumption that somebody who hasn't particularly been a starting attacker in her time with us so far now would be and it's based on there not (yet) being anybody else. If you don't see it that way then the attacking option we are still missing could go straight into the XI.

Guest wrote:I'm really starting to like our squad but I'm starting to get paranoid. Does this silhouette look like any of our players? 
https://twitter.com/BostonBreakers/status/689900540084514816
I know it's kind of OT but I can't not post that the signing has turned out to be Fors. http://www.bostonbreakerssoccer.com/NEWS/904811.html

I know it's kind of OT but I can't not post that the signing has turned out to be Fors
That's a good signing for Boston, she was real quality for us. Glad she's back in the game, surprised she went all the way to America though with her young family. (Wish she had come back to Liverpool tbh)

Saw this on the other thread
Harding would be one of them. And if you look at her most recent mutual twitter follows it may not only confirm her exit but where she is going to as well.
I hope not, I don't really rate her as a player and she's seems too abrasive. It's pretty clear from the LFCTV interview Scott gave that he's getting in another forward but I think we could do better than Harding. Ever since she couldn't go to America it seems like she's been coasting and we need players who want to be at our club not just making up the numbers.

If it's scoring stats that you're interested in there are probably players out there with better records, but if she came here I don't think her job would be to finish our attacks anyway. I don't know what her assists are like. Stats aside, she knows the league, she knows a fair few of the players we already have, and that's exactly what we need for a season which is all about putting a solid base under us.

As for her commitment, I doubt she left City because she wanted to but she isn't stupid and she will know that had she stayed there then Asllani just took a good chuck of her playing time away. Players can quickly come around to the idea of a move they didn't initially want if it gives them their football back.

Harding would be leaving City because she's not good enough. She wasn't making the desired effect there so they have brought in new attacking players. She's not that young anymore so here margin for improving is questionable. She's been angling a move out of City for awhile, she gave an interview where she said she was looking abroad so Liverpool would be far from her first choice. I still don't think it's a good signing if it happens.

Going off last season's squad list in the match programmes, our forwards were: White, Dowie, Longhurst, Smorsgard, Oshoala, Dale, Hodson

Three out, Lundh and Harding in.

So whether Harding is Oshoala's replacement or whether we were signing Harding anyway but then lost Oshoala - we're still a forward down now.

Harding does seem awfully happy to have signed with us but it could be here personality. I hope that she will flourish at Liverpool. If she stays fit she's a real threat going forward. She'll have the finishing and consistency that Oshoala lacked for us as well. I don't know if she's Oshoala's replacement or not but it would be good to get another striker, defender, and midfielder before the close of the window. We have good players that should gel pretty quickly.

I agree that Harding in Oshoala out doesn't really change much up top, we're still an option down on last season. We're still a fullback down on last season too. And in an ideal world we would have an extra midfielder about the place because you just never know. But it's a bit late in the window to be bringing in three more. One, yes. Two, still doable if we have targets already identified. Three would be great.

Where is this talk of Greenwood to Liverpool coming from? Is it because she has the same agent as Harding? I thought that rumour had here going to Arsenal? We need another fullback but one that could fill in at right back as well, not something that a left-footed Greenwood could do. Is Coco leaving us? I thought we were done with departures at this point.

Guest wrote:Where is this talk of Greenwood to Liverpool coming from? Is it because she has the same agent as Harding? I thought that rumour had here going to Arsenal? We need another fullback but one that could fill in at right back as well, not something that a left-footed Greenwood could do. Is Coco leaving us? I thought we were done with departures at this point.
I think people are working from the belief that Greenwood's agent had been shopping her about this winter unknown to Notts, who now no longer want her, but none of her preferred clubs were interested either because she was being priced too high or they just weren't interested. We were being speculated as somewhere she might have to end up instead as a result of there basically not being anywhere else.

We don't particularly need her. Fullback cover sure, and for the right side. Not a starting leftback. Though I suppose we could sign her with the intention to use her further forward. If her predicament has meant she is going cheap out of desperation I could understand us biting. But her price coming down might also bring those who had no interest back to the table. We shouldn't have to wait too long to find out what is going on either way.

Coco wasn't in the photo of the team promoting their preseason tour to S. Africa. Is she headed to the Belles? I know she was out injured a lot last season but I will be sad to see her go, she was a good player. If she is leaving us, I'm starting to think that Greenwood might be headed our way tomorrow.

Guest wrote:Coco wasn't in the photo of the team promoting their preseason tour to S. Africa. Is she headed to the Belles? I know she was out injured a lot last season but I will be sad to see her go, she was a good player. If she is leaving us, I'm starting to think that Greenwood might be headed our way tomorrow.
I spotted her absence as well. Not on the first look but eventually. I don't want to see her leave when we are light on wide forwards. Greenwood can be used in a more advanced role. I'm sure I can remember Coco herself doing that at times. I can think of a few reasons why she would have been moved on though so I expect that has happened.

Schroder signed a new contract last winter which runs to the end of the 2017 season. http://m.wn.de/Sport/Lokalsport/Fussball/1870193-Corina-Schroeder-aus-Dingden-spielt-fuer-die-Liverpool-Ladies-Lady-in-Red 

And she has clearly been back in Liverpool and training as per the team's social media. So if she has gone it has happened very, very recently.

Maybe she's still out injured and the photo was taking after a team training session. It's strange though. We just finished with fitness testing maybe that compelled Scott to get Greenwood because she hasn't been linked to us until very recently.

GK: Chamberlain, Gibbons
DEF: Bonner, Harris, Murray, Pacheco, vdB, Greenwood, Schroder(?)
MID: Zelem, Ingle, Coombs, Weir
ATT: White, Longhurst, Dale, Hodson, Green, Lundh, Harding

[Stout, Ryland, Easton, Omarsdottir, Williams, Staniforth, Smorsgard, Dowie, Oshoala]

GK: Chamberlain, Gibbons
DEF: Bonner, Harris, Murray, Pacheco, vdB, Greenwood, Schroder(?)
MID: Zelem, Ingle, Coombs, Weir
ATT: White, Longhurst, Dale, Hodson, Green, Lundh, Harding

I wouldn't be surprised if Beckwith is on the squad and isn't Green a development player? I don't recall her featuring in any of the first team games last year. She's clearly talented though maybe Scott will play her in one of the cup games. I saw on twitter someone saying that we plan on loaning out Dale to Sheffield. It will be good for her, she needs playing time to develop. We have an exciting young squad, I hope they gel quickly, have a ton of fun together and win things as well. My only wish would be to use the Oshoala money to buy Moore Very Happy

Green was in both the most recent set of training photos and the South Africa trip photo. She may not be a permanent addition to the first team and I know some dev team players are part of first team training, but until another players arrives or we see she isn't a permanent addition we might as well assume she has been promoted. Even if it's just so we don't look so threadbare.

Guest wrote:My only wish would be to use the Oshoala money to buy Moore
We have paid fees for both Harding and Greenwood. There is no way to know how much they cost but it's possible the Oshoala money has technically been spent already on those two. I don't think we have received fees for anybody else? Schroder being contracted to 2017 might get us a fee, if she has gone or is going.

It sounds like we weren't anticipating having money from Oshoala leaving, so it may be that her fee was used to get Harding and Greenwood while the money we were going to get Harding and Greenwood with is now still sitting in the budget. It very hard to know what came first; our moves for Harding and Greenwood or Arsenal's move for Oshoala. Is it all connected or not.

But it is easier to know is that if we do sign further players it's highly likely we are paying fees for them no matter where we get our money from. At this point in the window almost everybody is going to be contracted up for at least 2016. You won't come across many who are still free agents in February.

I don't think we have received fees for anybody else?
We should have gotten a fee for Dowie, she like Schroder signed a new contract last winter. Did we actually pay a fee for Harding, they way she was released by Man City was odd if it was a transfer?

I think that Harding was a target before Arsenal's buy out bid for Oshoala. A few weeks ago Rogers gave an interview where he said he was getting in a new forward so if we did pay for Harding it was already budgeted in. Greenwood is most likely from the Oshoala money as well as the new Dutch forward van de Sanden. Van de Sanden will be a good signing, she has CL and world cup experience.

Guest wrote:Did we actually pay a fee for Harding, they way she was released by Man City was odd if it was a transfer?
I heard a fee was involved but nobody official has actually said as much. Only City would probably want to share that info and their announcement that she had left, if you can even call it an announcement, felt like a rushed after thought while they were distracted by Asllani. They only told people via twitter and 140 characters isn't enough to include fee detail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum