FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

201Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:42 pm

http://www.nwslsoccer.com/News/903704.html?sf18288376=1

Doesn't look like Rachel Daly is rushing to play in the WSL. Might depend what NWSL team she gets if she'll stay in America though

202Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:10 pm

It wouldn't be unheard of for a player on the draft list to have no intention of playing in the NWSL. And it wouldn't be unheard of for somebody to get picked up by a team and just never report to them. So until it becomes concrete that she is staying stateside I'm going to anticipate her arrival here. I wonder who would get first dibs though. It's not like she could go back to Lincoln.

203Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:56 pm

I wonder if Hayes knew Asllani was about to put herself on the market before she signed Carney. You would have thought she could get Lindahl to have a word in Asllani's ear making them both her and Carney a possible addition to her squad. We're not about to see her sign the two of them are we?  Shocked

204Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:14 am

It's easy to think that it would be a choice between Carney or Asllani because for so long it had it always been about choices, but if we are heading into an era where the only decision a manager has to make now is if they want to spend more or not then why can't it be Carney and Asllani. Some transfer business this winter does give off a whiff of clubs having upped budgets so much they have been left with a surplus which they are spending just because it's there. Or if we haven't reached that point yet we soon will. I don't know if Hayes is taking Asllani as well, but Arsenal's current squad makes it plausible that she could.

205Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:02 am

Guest wrote:I wonder if Hayes knew Asllani was about to put herself on the market before she signed Carney. You would have thought she could get Lindahl to have a word in Asllani's ear making them both her and Carney a possible addition to her squad. We're not about to see her sign the two of them are we? 
Are you asking the 'would you rather have Carney or Asllani?' question? Carney for the proven in the league safety, Asllani for the statement which somebody like that joining you direct from PSG would send to any other top player you pursue in future windows. You shouldn't go wrong with either. I would probably go with Asllani if it were actually possible to get her. I don't know if Hayes would see it differently.

206Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:28 am

If we're talking about who actually has a gap for Asllani to fill the answer is none of them do.

Arsenal: Janssen, Nobbs, Losada, Williamson, Bailey, van de Donk, Williams Corredera, Natalia, Carter, Yankey, Humphrey, Kelly, Smith, McCabe

Chelsea: Spence, Ji, Brett, Champan, Bright, Carney, Aluko, Kirby, Davison, Ayane, Farrow

City: Corboz, Christiansen, Scott, Walsh, Harding, Duggan, Ross, Parris(?)

City have the fewer midfielders and forwards and so by that logic they have more space for Asllani in the squad than the other two - but it isn't attack minded players which they could do with adding. They have the least amount of players in total because there aren't really any defensively minded ones for them to have to list where the other two do. But their number of options for the positions which Asllani could occupy is just as plentiful as what Arsenal and Chelsea have got.

207Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:24 am

So... those who can afford or can attract her don't need her in the true sense of the word, while those who do need her in the true sense of the word presumably can't afford or can't attract her.

It would be no skin off her nose though if she was signed by somebody who didn't technically need her because she wouldn't go anywhere without her playing time being guaranteed, meaning the less than ideal circumstances of her arrival wouldn't fall on her.

208Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Guest wrote:It would be no skin off her nose though if she was signed by somebody who didn't technically need her because she wouldn't go anywhere without her playing time being guaranteed, meaning the less than ideal circumstances of her arrival wouldn't fall on her.
Exactly right. She would walk straight into the starting line up of any team and would remain there for as long as she remained fit. So while I'm sure she and her agent will be mulling over whose squad has the most space for her they clearly aren't concerned about it in regards to her own playing time because if they were then neither Arsenal, Chelsea or City would be on her radar in the first place, which means England wouldn't be getting stated as potential destination.

209Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Guest wrote:I had missed that Team Elite tweet. van den Berg and Weir on top of their existing CBs and central midfielders would give them a decent amount of options and I think would put them one up in terms of numbers, dependent on what Staniforth is doing. If she leaves then they are at worst on a par with last season squad wise. So all things considered, I think they're riding out of this recent round of exits very well. They just need to find that Dowie replacement.
Seven confirmed out and three confirmed in, with two others said to be done. 

Stout--Chamberlain. 
Ryland/Easton/Omarsdottir/Williams--Ingle/Coombs/van den Berg/Weir. Not quite like for like positionally so maybe hints towards fullback cover arriving unless they are eyeing Weir for that.
Smorsgard and Dowie still to be replaced. Dowie will be replaced with a striker for sure. The other maybe not.

211Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:38 am

So... those who can afford or can attract her

I think we can completely rule out Arsenal besides having a ridiculously large squad up of players that they just signed, extended contracts with, or bought last transfer window. A large portion of those players have to be on good wages so were would the funds come from to entice Asllani. Arsenal also doesn't have CL so I don't see them be attractive to her at all even if she was willing to come on less money.

Chelsea need midfielders so I don't see them wanting her either unless they plan on selling off Kirby or Davison.

City still look like the clear favourites if Asllani indeed comes to England, especially with Harding looking like the next in line for a transfer out of the club with them signing Parris today and her going on twitter talking about all the overseas clubs that want her.

212Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:46 am

If Arsenal were to move Natalia on then it would open up space and wages; but while the space would be enough, Natalia's freed up wages are likely not enough to just transfer to Asllani. If they had additional money to throw towards it as well, by for example moving on a midfielder also to free up two wages - which would ease congestion in the midfield at the same time - then it might be doable. Say, Natalia and Losada out for Asllani. Or any two of their three Spaniards really. It's a lot of business to do though and it's late in the window now.

I agree with all the posts that Chelsea can't have her without cutting somebody who you would have thought is uncuttable. Maybe her availability just came too late to factor into Hayes' plans. I think she would have tried for her had it been sure she was leaving PSG months in advance of her actually doing so.

City for me look the best fit squadwise because bar Duggan I honestly don't think they would have any qualms getting rid of somebody else. I know Ross just arrived and Parris just stayed but I think, like Chelsea, Asllani's availability came late for them also, but where Chelsea can't really act on it, City would be happy to add Asllani now and be swamped for the short time until the next window opened to move somebody on then.

213Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 pm

http://www.bristolcitywfc.co.uk/news/ladd_matthews_evans_dykes_sign_new_deals_with_bcwfc.html

What's the deal with James? She has neither been announced as released nor retained yet.

215Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Boho-Sayo is a good signing for Reading, it will be interesting to see how she gets on there though. She seemed to have a very free role at Bristol and was their star player. I don't see her having the same position at Reading. If her good form was based on that she might struggle for goals at Reading.

216Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:50 pm

At the risk of writing off Reading before they have even kicked a ball, I'm surprised somebody better hasn't taken a punt on her. Notts maybe instead of Flint. Or Liverpool. Even Sunderland could do with signing someone to take the load off Mead's shoulders. She looked very good in that Bristol side and I was hoping to see what might happen if you put her in a better one. It looks like Reading will largely be sticking with their WSL2 squad though.

217Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Daniel @DandalBs
> Some news: Sweden #wwc2015 fw Emma Lundh leaves LSK for Liverpool 
https://twitter.com/DandalBs/status/685833456241242113

He is quoting this: http://www.kvinnefotball.no/silly-season. Nothing else in there WSL related.

218Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:54 pm

Now Liverpool just need to sign Kosse and both Swedes can keep each other company.

219Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:13 pm

Emma Lundh leaves LSK for Liverpool

That would be good signing.

220Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:55 pm

What is going on at Birmingham City?  I don't understand how their hasn't been any announcements to extend contracts or bring some players in.  I don't think that any of the WSL2 sides have had less activity.  

This is Ground Control
to Major Dave
You've haven't really made the grade
And the fans want to know what shirts your players will wear
Now it's time to make some announcements
if you dare

221Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:29 pm

Who could Birmingham even get now? Foreign import can't be likely because even in their better days they never really went down that road. And I think pretty much everybody already in WSL1 has been snapped up already. They might end up relying on those who have departed Bristol but not surfaced anywhere yet and those who get sent out on loan from the likes of Arsenal of Chelsea.

222Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:58 pm

I keep an eye on the w-league and Dowie definitely hasn't been ripping up tree in Oz and her loan club finished rock bottom with only two narrow wins and a lot of heavy defeats. It will be interesting to see how good she will be for the Belles, I can't imagine that her confidence is very good at the moment with her last year at Liverpool and now this disappointing campaign.

Good little spell for Beattie though she should be coming back brimming with confidence and ready for a new season. I wonder if she'll bring back any of her Melbourne City teammates that don't have other club commitments, maybe DeVanna?

223Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:35 am

NWSL ‏@NWSL Jan 6
#NWSL Reveals Preliminary List of Eligible Players for 2016 College Draft. Read: http://nwsl.us/1mGRmGb

Megan Campbell isn't on this list. I wonder if she is interested in the WSL or if she's looking at European clubs? She would be great at Man City and give them depth and she looks more physical than Stokes a greeting pairing with Bronze in the fullback positions.

224Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:59 am

I think we can think we rule out Campbell being one of those college players who packs it in once it's over, she's obviously going to a club somewhere. But we will possibly have to wait and see what Greenwood is up to. She has been doing her pre-pre-season training with Aluko which is a bit odd. And if she were to end up at Chelsea then we could also have to wait to see what Rafferty is up to as well. City may no factor into any of that of course, so Campbell could go there straight off without other cards needing to fall into place beforehand. But there are more clubs in need of her too.

225Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 am

I think I read somewhere that the NWSL doesn't let you apply for the draft until you have used up all your NCAA eligibility, and Campbell still has another year. Which, if I have it right, is why she won't be listed; so her absence in itself isn't necessarily a clue that she intends to come here or anywhere else. She could be staying where she is at FSU. The right pro contract offer from somebody would likely convince her not to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum