FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 18]

251Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:07 pm

I wonder if this is an indication that Greenwood got her transfer? Will we see her show up Arsenal?

252Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:34 pm

I did think of Greenwood as soon as I saw this. Though Krantz was at RB every time I saw her play for Linkopings. I wonder if they are switching Turner to the left? Surely signing a LB in place of a LB would be easier.

253Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Daly was drafted by Houston and all of the signs suggest she is staying in America.

254Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Leah Galton went to Sky Blue. Georgia Kearney-Perry and Chloe Richards weren't drafted.

The only drafted player who I could see that people believe won't be playing in the NWSL is Katie Bowen (NZL).

256Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Expected confirmation but it's still nice to see clubs are awake. 

Sunderland have news 'this week'. Probably Staniforth. Maybe they were waiting for Liverpool to get Weir announced first.

257Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:25 pm

If Liverpool are getting van den Berg and Lundh also they have build a good side there, young but very promising and potentially together for years. I can't understand why people are tipping them for the relegation fight. With the exception of Williams all of their incomings are just as good if not better than what they've lost, and it wasn't a lack of quality which made them finish 7th in the first place it was injury.

I found this tweet interesting.
Rich Laverty ‏@RichJLaverty 2h2 hours ago
Rich Laverty Retweeted Liverpool Ladies FC
This one was done a while back but has to be at least a 14 working day period between announcement of this & Ingle.

Is this the FA making asinine transfer rules or has this always been the case? Does this "at least a 14 working day period between announcements"(I presume he means business with the same two clubs) only deal with transfers into the club or does it deal with transfers out of club as well? It obviously doesn't effect multiple transfers of players of one club to another on the same day. This transfer window is getting a contrived feel to it. I thought it was due to agents but I'm starting to think it's just the FA messing with it.

259Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:01 pm

I believe there is indeed a rule which prevents the signing of more than one player from the same club at any one time... unless you have FA approval to do so. If not, you wait 14 days between each player. Either Liverpool didn't ask for approval or the FA said no. 

But you wouldn't have thought this rule applies for players whose contracts have expired as they technically don't belong to a club then. So if Liverpool had to count 14 days after Ingle to get Weir, does this mean both were still under contract at Bristol?

260Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:17 pm

So if Liverpool had to count 14 days after Ingle to get Weir, does this mean both were still under contract at Bristol?
It would appear so.

(Thanks for the explanation. I forgot that Liverpool had severed ties with Katrin and Easton before they moved to the Belles so technically Dowie was the only transfer from Liverpool on the day. The Belles announcement made it sound like three transfers instead of one transfer and signing two released players.)

261Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Is it just me or does it feel like there is an awful lot of business still to be done at this point in comparison to where clubs have been at in years past? I really can't see it all staying under wraps until we get confirmations, there is too much going on now in the way of preseason for people to not notice who is or isn't where they should be.

262Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:09 pm

[quote] feel like there is an awful lot of business still to be done at this point{/quote]
I don't know if there is still a lot of business to be done. Man City is really the only one that has been relatively quiet so we might see some big business from them. Arsenal is most likely waiting to see how pre-season goes to see if they really need to buy Greenwood from Notts County and they are supposedly getting a striker but their squad should be set (they sure as hell spent enough on it). More players might be leaving Birmingham but it sounds like Parker is staying mostly in house for the loses that he's had so far. I don't see either the Belles or Reading signing anyone else of note. Notts County might sign a random or two but unless they lose players they have a decent squad. Chelsea looks pretty set although maybe in a week we'll see Moore pop up there. Very Happy Sunderland is bringing in Staniforth but that's well known as is Liverpool bringing in the Dutch player (unless Arsenal decides to try to sign the whole Dutch national team) and the Swede striker.

I'm ready to be amazed and shocked but I unless it's Man City bringing in a player or two I don't see a lot happening beside what rumour has it from the other clubs.

263Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:34 pm

I'm still hoping somebody will bag Asllani. Partly because I really want to see her here and partly to witness the knock on affect at wherever she goes because I don't think anybody in a position to get her particularly needs her. I think she will end up in Germany though and at the calibre of club which will have us all sat here feeling silly for thinking the WSL was ever a possibility.

264Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:42 pm

which will have us all sat here feeling silly for thinking the WSL was ever a possibility.

How would we be silly when Asllani herself is the one who said it was a possibility?
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/landslagsfotboll/damlandslaget/article22064614.ab

265Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:03 pm

She might have said she is open to playing here but if she turns up at one of the major German clubs it will be a bit hard to think anybody in the WSL really stood a chance in comparison. I think we will see her in England one day, it just feels a year or two premature at the minute, like the league would have skipped a development stage or something.

266Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Is Asllani being good friends with Lundh enough reason to put Liverpool on the list of possibles? They do have room for two forwards after all.

267Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:18 pm

I seriously doubt Liverpool could afford her or be a draw to her without CL and if Liverpool do have money for a marquee signing such as Asllani it would be better spent on a quality playmaker than a striker. However, if she is good friends with Lundh, Manchester is not that far from Liverpool. Asllani could play for Man City and still see a lot of Lundh.

268Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:26 am

Liverpool being able to afford her would depend on how they are redistributing the wages of players who have left. Williams and Dowie will have been their biggest earners you'd have thought, so combine those two salaries and you likely get an amount the same as anybody else would pay her. It wouldn't be a clever move for a club who just spent two seasons being paper thin though. It could be better spent as posted above, on quantity as well as quality.

269Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 am

http://www.yeoviltownladies.com/news/club_statement.html#oXZdBSudzeJG6iMG.97

Wonder where Yorston will show up, my guess is one of the WSL 1 sides? Interesting for Yeovil to cut her lose as a free agent instead of just waiting for her to transfer out.

270Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 am

I do like how Yeovil have been transparent with the reason for those exits. It removes the need for any speculation at all, and, in the case of Yorston gives us a starting point to use when predicting where she might turn up.

I can't say I saw her at Yeovil though. Does she still have the legs for WSL1?

271Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Yorston has quite a few ties to the south west, so unless she is willing to sever them for now and relocate we're really only looking at a return to Bristol, or a slightly further afield trip to Oxford or Reading.

272Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Algarve & Cyprus 2016 Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm

274Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO
Former Manchester City Women's winger Krystle Johnston is set to join Sunderland Ladies. #mcwfc #safcladies

Is it both Johnston and Staniforth or is Lucy staying at Liverpool?

275Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:14 pm

The Staniforth link came via Mick Mulhern. I never read his interview myself, but the tweets about it suggested he never gave a definitive confirmation he just alluded to it being a maybe. Not that he would have confirmed it anyway though since it's none of his or Sheffield's business. Given his links to Sunderland I wouldn't doubt there was something to what he said. So they must be taking both her and Johnston.

Whatever this week's Sunderland announcement is it's coming on Thursday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum