FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 18]

101Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:16 pm

Guest wrote:I wonder if this long drawn out processes are going to be the norm with the influx of agents in the league now.
There is every chance that agents are making life difficult. It happens more so with free transfers because they look at the fact a club isn't having to pay an actual transfer fee and then demand that the would be transfer fee money is still spent anyway but instead goes on wages and signing on fees. 

So ~free transfers~ aren't actually free. The term referrers solely to the fact you aren't buying the player. You're still paying something to get them either way, the only difference is who pockets the money. If a transfer fee is involved then the selling club pockets it. If one isn't involved then the player themselves and by extension their agent pocket it. Free transfers do tend to be somewhat cheaper though.

103Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Strange move. She is no more likely to displace Bardsley than she was Lindahl. Both City and Chelsea are CL teams as well. So either City's training ground or her wages will make sitting on their bench trump sitting on Chelsea's.

104Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Bardsley's injury record doesn't suggests Hourihan is going to see much playing time. So maybe she has gone there anticipating Bardsley having a few more punch ups  Wink

105Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:42 am

Guest wrote:Strange move. She is no more likely to displace Bardsley than she was Lindahl. Both City and Chelsea are CL teams as well. So either City's training ground or her wages will make sitting on their bench trump sitting on Chelsea's.
I don't know what her status was at Chelsea but it could also be a case of City letting her go full time. Maybe the fact she wasn't first choice at Chelsea meant she wasn't whereas City aren't bothered about things like that.

106Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:22 pm

Easton and Omarsdottir to Donny Belles.

107Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:28 pm

I wasn't expecting Omarsdottir to stay in England. She's a very good signing for Doncaster. Though I do wonder what they could be offering to make them her first choice. No offence intended but you wouldn't immediately think of them as being such.

108Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:43 pm

^ Omarsdottir going there is a strange one, I agree. She tried to leave Liverpool last winter by all accounts but couldn't because she had a year left on her contract unbeknown to her. So it can't possibly be that Doncaster themselves were always her intended destination because they were in WSL2 when she wanted to transfer out twelve months ago. Maybe they are her first choice just by way of staying in England being her first choice? It would be interesting to know why she didn't just want to remain at Liverpool in that case.

As for Easton, it sounds like Doncaster have offered her the chance to put her degree into practice. A role in the boardroom (so to speak) is definitely a deal clincher, and is an opportunity she was never likely to get at Liverpool. So I can understand that one before you even factor in her connections to the Belles on top. It's just a question of whether Dowie followers her now.

109Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:34 pm

Liverpool should have let Katrin go last season if she wanted to go, she ended up hardly playing for them anyway. That money could have gone to someone who would have seen more game time. She's a talented player and if she stays fit is a good acquisition for the Belles. I'm glad that Easton will have a chance in administration at the Belles because I can't really see her adding too much on the pitch for them. I think it's a certainty that Dowie will be announced tomorrow hopefully she'll be able to get the form she was so clearly lacking the past two years at Liverpool .

110Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:16 pm

It would be interesting to know why she didn't just want to remain at Liverpool in that case.

It could be that Liverpool didn't want her. The new manager no doubt has different tactics than the old and it could be that she wasn't a part of the squad he wanted to build. No disrespect to Doncaster but it is odd that she would want to go to there if she had other options.

111Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Guest wrote:I think it's a certainty that Dowie will be announced tomorrow hopefully she'll be able to get the form she was so clearly lacking the past two years at Liverpool .
It's really hard to say how much of her poor form was because of her or because of wider team issues. She scored for fun in her first Liverpool season but that was in a side which I think managed to go the whole year with just a couple of players missing single games. The next two seasons were so disrupted by injury she probably never played with the same support around her twice. 

If she does go to Doncaster and they can put her in a stable line up she might well replicate her 2013 form. But Liverpool wouldn't be losing that Dowie, they would be losing the one who only scored four(?) league goals this year. It shouldn't be hard to replace.

112Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Guest wrote:I don't know what her status was at Chelsea but it could also be a case of City letting her go full time. Maybe the fact she wasn't first choice at Chelsea meant she wasn't whereas City aren't bothered about things like that.
I can remember some talk of not everybody at Chelsea being full time but I don't remember the details. It's certainly possible that she was one of the ones who wasn't and City are now giving her that. But I would have thought Chelsea have, or if not then very soon will be, in a position where players like her would be on full time contracts regardless of stating status. Surely we have reached the point now where anybody who wants to be full time - i.e. isn't still in education or prefers to keep a job - can be full time?

113Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:06 pm

Omarsdottir and Paige Williams have been following each other around for a while now. Do we know how long Williams is staying with Brescia for? Maybe Doncaster are taking her too eventually and that's why Omarsdottir is going.

114Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:32 am

Guest wrote:It could be that Liverpool didn't want her. The new manager no doubt has different tactics than the old and it could be that she wasn't a part of the squad he wanted to build. 
But we're talking about two different managers if she wanted to leave under Beard but actually left under Rogers. So it may well be that Rogers didn't want her (though I can't imagine why not) and that is why she has now finally gone - but it still poses the question of why, if she was happy in England and wanted to stay here, was she not just happy enough to stay at Liverpool even under the old manager.

115Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:07 am

Anybody know what this means for Alex Brooks?

116Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:15 am

Guest wrote:Omarsdottir and Paige Williams have been following each other around for a while now. Do we know how long Williams is staying with Brescia for? Maybe Doncaster are taking her too eventually and that's why Omarsdottir is going.
Williams herself said through the winter for seven months. Presumably she means until the end of the the Italian season which I believe is May. So any return to the WSL afterwards would obviously see her being a mid-season arrival. Meaning you're right that it's possible she might wind up in Doncaster too.

117Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:26 am

Guest wrote:Anybody know what this means for Alex Brooks?
She may be loaned out. If some in WSL1 are about to strengthen to the point were players they already have are no longer even making match day squads nevermind playing then I would like to see loans happening, and in particular loans to WSL2 sides. That's the only way I can see the quality gap between the divisions start to get bridged. 

Coombs being loaned to Liverpool is maybe an indication that the 'don't leave it out, send it to play somewhere else' era is starting. I don't want to see a financial breakaway happen at the top of WSL1, but if it did it would be a little easier to stomach if the clubs involved at least found ways to not waste the potential of the next generation they have on their books by lending them to somebody else who will actually play them.

118Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:32 am

Guest wrote:Liverpool should have let Katrin go last season if she wanted to go, she ended up hardly playing for them anyway. That money could have gone to someone who would have seen more game time. She's a talented player and if she stays fit is a good acquisition for the Belles. 
They couldn't have foreseen her injuries happening. And nor could they guarantee that any alternative they could have been spending on instead would have been any more available than she was. But that's not to say there weren't other valid reasons to let her go if she wanted to.

The stats on the Liverpool website say that in 2014 she played three fewer games than the player who had the most appearances for them and five fewer games in 2015, which isn't great but isn't bad. The bigger problem was that in both years she only started half the number of games their other first choicers did. So maybe Rogers was happy to let her go because her availability record just isn't what he wants. I could understand him being very keen to assemble a squad which has a relatively clean injury history after two seasons of Liverpool being decimated.

119Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Guest wrote:I think it's a certainty that Dowie will be announced tomorrow today
The next Donny announcement is at 3pm. If it is Dowie you would have thought they might have opted for early morning UK announcements regarding players who are currently in Aussie time zones. It's the middle of the night for them when their news comes out. I bet Easton loved her 5am slot or whatever it was.

120Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Dowie to is Doncaster confirmed.

121Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Guest wrote:If she does go to Doncaster and they can put her in a stable line up she might well replicate her 2013 form. But Liverpool wouldn't be losing that Dowie, they would be losing the one who only scored four(?) league goals this year. It shouldn't be hard to replace.
Agreed. Plus, you have to set up in a certain way to get the best out of her and Rogers might prefer to use a different system, not just because it's his natural preference to but also because those injury hit seasons will have taught him something else as well and that's what happens to her scoring stats when it isn't possible to set up in the certain way needed. You avoid that by having individuals with a broader playing style than she has. And I expect he will sign that.

122Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Does anybody know what is happening with Parris. Her loan to City was only for a season, yes? But I don't remember either them or Everton saying what is coming next.

123Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Guest wrote:Does anybody know what is happening with Parris. Her loan to City was only for a season, yes? But I don't remember either them or Everton saying what is coming next.
There hasn't been any official word. City did sign Ross though, but it's hard to gauge anything from that having happened. There aren't too many places she could go if City don't want to keep her and she doesn't fancy going back to Everton who weren't promoted. Liverpool need a striker Laughing

124Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:45 pm

There is something about Parris in a Liverpool shirt which just does not compute. 

Although saying that, I do remember looking at her twitter once and finding out that she followed @LFC. So she can't possibly hate them as much as her body language when playing against them always suggests.

125Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:01 am

Guest wrote:Agreed. Plus, you have to set up in a certain way to get the best out of her and Rogers might prefer to use a different system, not just because it's his natural preference to but also because those injury hit seasons will have taught him something else as well and that's what happens to her scoring stats when it isn't possible to set up in the certain way needed. You avoid that by having individuals with a broader playing style than she has. And I expect he will sign that.
She is more finisher rather than say creator, although her hold up play makes her very good at getting the ball to the creators so they can give it back to her in more dangerous positions. It relies on good understanding and partnerships though which is something Liverpool just weren't able to get going last year in those forced forever changing line ups. So you're right that it wouldn't be a shocker if Rogers has seen last year and decided it's just safer to have forwards who can be both finishers and creators all in one.

Doncaster on the other hand will be looking at the fact that in three years at Liverpool I don't think she ever missed a game through injury? So setting up a team for her is a safe bet, their job is just to keep those around her fit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum