FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chioma Ubogagu to leave Ladies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chioma Ubogagu to leave Ladies Empty Chioma Ubogagu to leave Ladies Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:19 pm

Arsenal Ladies forward Chioma Ubogagu has been released from the club, having reached the end of her contract.

Ubogagu, 23, made 21 appearances in her one season with Arsenal Ladies, scoring seven times.

She signed off her Gunners career in style this month, netting in injury time to complete a 3-0 victory over Notts County in the Continental Cup final.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Chioma for her contribution to the side, and to wish her well for the future.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151120/chioma-ubogagu-to-leave-ladies#xbHDwocgXQ2RYAOD.99

3Chioma Ubogagu to leave Ladies Empty Re: Chioma Ubogagu to leave Ladies Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Ubogagu has signed with Houston Dash

You can't blame her for wanting to leave Arsenal to play alongside the likes of Carli Lloyd plus she's near her home. Good move for her with Losa refusing to give her more minutes even though she was one imo their best striker

4Chioma Ubogagu to leave Ladies Empty Re: Chioma Ubogagu to leave Ladies Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:36 pm

It's odd that she wasn't able to establish herself as part of Losa's plans considering she arrived on his watch. I don't know who at Arsenal has the say on transfers but it would be unusual for him to have to no say at all. And even if that was the case she was doing enough to make him consider her to be one of those forced signings which turns out great. I wonder if it's a case of him eyeing more forwards still but looking at that full squad and thinking last in first out. In football terms I would have moved others on before her, but when it comes to status she was probably the easiest to cut.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum