FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

401Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Patrick Richter ‏@Sky_PatrickR 10m10 minutes ago View translation
Josephine Henning steht vor einem Wechsel zu den Arsenal Ladies. #FAWSL #ssnhd
Translated from German
Josephine Henning ladies faces a change to the arsenal. #FAWSL #ssnhd

402Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Guest wrote:When was the last game that she played for PSG?
I think she has been injured since Aug/Sept.

403Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:38 am

Given Henning's injuries of late is it not possible that Arsenal are just trialing her? A sort of extended medical type deal. It's a bid weird to be so nonchalantly parading an unannounced player like they are. You would have thought that if she was actually theirs they could have confirmed it by now, even if they had to finish the transfer process in Spain.

404Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Guest wrote:Given Henning's injuries of late is it not possible that Arsenal are just trialing her? A sort of extended medical type deal. It's a bid weird to be so nonchalantly parading an unannounced player like they are. You would have thought that if she was actually theirs they could have confirmed it by now, even if they had to finish the transfer process in Spain.
This winter has felt like we've moved on from the 'surprise face in a team selfie' days to something much more professional. Some have been making an effort to make sure their unannounced signings aren't in photos and videos despite them being there when taken or filmed. So I agree that Henning being so visibly present in everything Arsenal are doing looks off. Maybe they just can't avoid it.

405Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:46 am

This winter has felt like we've moved on from the 'surprise face in a team selfie' days to something much more professional. Some have been making an effort to make sure their unannounced signings aren't in photos and videos despite them being there when taken or filmed. So I agree that Henning being so visibly present in everything Arsenal are doing looks off. Maybe they just can't avoid it.
I think Arsenal could have easily avoided it if they wanted they just don't care. Their new Dutch player announced she was going to Arsenal before the club did, Fara wasn't even remotely hiding that she was going to Arseanl all the way back in early November and the whole Oshoala situation yet it took (is taking) awhile for Arsenal to announce them as new signings.

If Henning is going to be an Arsenal players she must know that she doesn't have a chance on making the German Olympic squad. It makes one wonder just how fit she truly is. Why was she released from PSG?

406Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Henning is an Arsenal sub according to the FC Bayern Twitter page

407Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:33 pm

It wasn't an official match and you don't need to be registered in that case, so it is still possible she is just there on a trial basis - whether it is a genuine trial or just a 'one of us but your paperwork isn't finished so we will call you a trialist' type situations. I expect she will become a legit signing eventually.

408Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Liverpool have loaned Hannah Dale to Sheffield. https://twitter.com/SFCLadies/status/696023496598622208

409Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:17 pm

guest wrote:If Henning is going to be an Arsenal players she must know that she doesn't have a chance on making the German Olympic squad. It makes one wonder just how fit she truly is. Why was she released from PSG?
PSG's statement from a month ago just says it was a mutual agreement and I haven't heard a reason from anywhere else. Her contract only ran until June and she has been injured since their season started so they probably felt it wasn't any great trouble to let her go a few months early. They said she intended to continue her rehab in Germany but this was a month ago so she might be alright by now. I read she had offers from two German clubs but I don't know how accurate that is.

410Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:48 pm

[quote=guest]I think that Megan Campbell might have signed for City, I could be really wrong though[/quote]She is on their bench in today's friendly. Trial, apparently.

411Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Desi Scott is now one of Canada's allocated NWSL players. Presumably she is going to be using that spot? http://www.canadasoccer.com/national-women-s-soccer-league-nwsl-canadian-players-for-2016-season-p159151

412Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:33 pm

I was wondering what Scott was up to. I checked her social media the other week and noticed she wasn't back in Nottingham yet but I wasn't sure if it was just international duty making her late. Do they have a midfield now she and Walton are gone?

414Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Is Schroder going to Doncaster? https://www.instagram.com/p/BBKzBkYjYu7/

419Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:52 pm

Womens Soccer United ‏@WomensSoccerUtd Feb 16
FOUR NATIONS / #SHEBELIEVESCUP: Germany squad announced to compete at SheBelieves Cup in March - https://shar.es/14iVC4 #dfbfrauen

Henning was called up so I guess she's at least somewhat fit. I suppose it's just matter of time before Arsenal announces her since I believe the transfer window is done in Germany. I wonder if they are quibbling over the time she will need for the Olympics if she is named for that squad. Losa doesn't seem to like to release players outside of the international windows and if I recall correctly Germany had a two or four week training camp before the World Cup last summer they probably would have the same type of format before the Olympics too.

I am very surprised that Arsenal haven't come to term with Oshoala yet. It's been over three weeks since Liverpool made the announcement of Arsenal's bid. Odd.

420Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Henning is confirmed now.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160216/josephine-henning-signs-for-ladies

Oshoala can't be far off. She wasn't named in Liverpool's squad for their South Africa trip.

421Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Oshoala can't be far off. She wasn't named in Liverpool's squad for their South Africa trip.

In a recent Liverpool write up they already have Oshoala down as having left for Arsenal. Liverpool is not going to mess with her visas and spend money are her going to a pre-season tour when she's already shown that she's open to a move to a rival club. Why get her fit for Arsenal? What's odd is that Oshoala is claiming she's still a Liverpool player, that hints at a snag in contract negotiations with Arsenal.

422Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Her contract only ran until June and she has been injured since their season started so they probably felt it wasn't any great trouble to let her go a few months early.

Pedro Martínez Losa ‏@PedroMLosa 7h7 hours ago
Pedro Martínez Losa Retweeted Arsenal Ladies
Welcome to @Arsenal Josi! Good to see you fit and play for us !

Why would PSG let her go if she was going to be fit soon? PSG are still in the Champions league and have Juvey close on their heels in the French league, if a good defender is almost back from injury why would a club let them out of their contract even if it they only a have a few months left? And why would Henning willing leave PSG a few months early when she still has a chance to win the CL with PSG and go to a club that isn't in the CL, isn't going to be in it next year and it's a gamble whether they'll be in it two years from now? Is she just doing the rounds at different countries in Europe for culture and experience and football is second because this doesn't look like a sound career move? Times like these I wish we had real sports journalists in the women's game asking actually questions about player movement instead of calling the women's game innocent.

423Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Guest wrote:In a recent Liverpool write up they already have Oshoala down as having left for Arsenal. Liverpool is not going to mess with her visas and spend money are her going to a pre-season tour when she's already shown that she's open to a move to a rival club. Why get her fit for Arsenal? What's odd is that Oshoala is claiming she's still a Liverpool player, that hints at a snag in contract negotiations with Arsenal.
She has been at home in Nigeria so it's possible that even if Arsenal never came in for her there was never any intention for her to be in Liverpool again before the South Africa trip. If they planned for her to join up with the team in SA but then Arsenal came knocking it will have been very easy to say 'on second thoughts no' and just leave her off the tour and in Nigeria for Arsenal to deal with. But if for some reason she doesn't agree terms with them she has to go back to Liverpool unless they subsequently cancel her contract, and I can't imagine why they would.

424Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Reading FC Women ‏@ReadingFCWomen Feb 19
Royal women sign former @bristolcitywfc keeper @1maryearps, read more here: http://reading.fawsl.com/index.html#AEStUcODEIIHuLLo.97

425Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:08 pm

What the hell is going on with Potter and Moore? It looks like Birmingham have started preseason but they aren't in anyway promoting their club or indicating that they are involved in preseason their. It really looks like they are angling for a move out but where?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum