FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mead signs new deal

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mead signs new deal Empty Mead signs new deal Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Sunderland AFC Ladies’ striker Beth Mead has committed her future to the club after signing a new deal.  

The FA Women’s Super League 1 top scorer has extended her stay on Wearside until 2019, having been at the club since she was just 16.

The 20-year-old has bagged 11 league goals so far this season, at least five more than any other player in the division, as Sunderland upset the odds to spend the majority of their debut top-flight season challenging for the title.

Mead’s scoring exploits have included the club’s first top-flight goal in a memorable 2-1 opening day win against reigning champions Liverpool, and a hat-trick in a 4-0 win over then unbeaten Chelsea.

Speaking about her new deal Mead said: “I’m over the moon to have committed my future to Sunderland. The club is heading in the right direction and I’m excited to be part of that.

“This season has been fantastic and I love coming to training every day, I’m really happy that can continue.”

SAFC Ladies head coach Carlton Fairweather added: “We’re delighted that Beth has signed a new deal, she is one of the best young players in the country and I hope she can continue to score goals for Sunderland for years to come.

“Naturally with a player like Beth there has been interest from other top-flight clubs, so for us to secure this signing shows exactly where we want this club to be.”  http://www.safc.com/news/ladies/2015/september/mead-signs-new-deal

2Mead signs new deal Empty Re: Mead signs new deal Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:26 pm

That's very good for Sunderland, I hope Mead got a good wage. She deserves it. It's also nice to see how long the contract is for, other clubs should follow suit and start disclosing how long their players have signed for.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum