FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nicola Anderson to stay as interim boss

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nicola Anderson to stay as interim boss Empty Nicola Anderson to stay as interim boss Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Nicola Anderson is to remain as interim manager of Women's Super League Two side Everton Ladies until the end of the season.

Anderson took over the role in June after former boss Andy Spence resigned following his three years in charge.

"It's an opportunity that I've relished, really," Anderson told BBC Sport.

"I believe in this group of players and for me, it was a no brainer when it was offered to me."

Everton are currently fifth in WSL 2, 13 points behind leaders Doncaster Rovers Belles but with two games in hand.

Speaking after Thursday's 2-0 Continenal Cup defeat by Liverpool, Anderson would not be drawn on whether she was interested in managing the club on a permanent basis.

"I don't really think that at this stage I can really answer the question," she added.

"My focus is until the end of the season and looking beyond that is jumping way ahead of ourselves."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33654159

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum