FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fewer subforums

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fewer subforums Empty Fewer subforums Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:01 am

k

I feel like with the low amount of traffic it's really hard to follow if anything new has been posted; I suggest you simply combine all the WSL1 team forums into one and all the WSL2 team forums into another.

2Fewer subforums Empty Re: Fewer subforums Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:38 am

gillynomad

I agree - I think having just a simple Match day topic (not just named as the match on TV) where we can discuss any of the matches for that day/weekend regardless of who is playing.

3Fewer subforums Empty Re: Fewer subforums Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:49 pm

kemlyn

Admin

Sorry for the late reply. The forum was set up with individual club boards for two reasons: 1) we originally intended to launch prior to the summer break meaning there would have been club transfer news to post in the individual boards had we stuck to the original plan, and 2) had we started with too few boards and then reached the point where traffic was high enough to need to organise better it would have been too big a job to create boards and sort threads into different places. We have already cut the number of sub-boards but for the sake of keeping on top of things from the start we won't be cutting them further. The 'Today's active topics' feature at the bottom of the main page allows you to quickly see which threads are active, or the 'View posts since last visit' feature at the top of the page allows to see in more detail.

And as for the match day threads... the TV games get their own thread for the purpose of making our TV game content here correspond with our TV game content on the FYFAWSL Tumblr blog. There are now general match discussions thread here: WSL1 and WSL2. The TV threads will be merged with the general threads after TV games have finished.

4Fewer subforums Empty Re: Fewer subforums Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm

gillynomad

That's cool - thanks for the explanation!

5Fewer subforums Empty Re: Fewer subforums Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:22 am

I second that there should be less sub boards until the volume of user generated content warrants doing so. It is a premature optimization to design for an uncertain point in the future. At this early stage, it'd help the growth of this forum by facilitating the best user experience through higher content density and livelier discussions.

Later when you reach the point on which more sub boards are required, it may not be necessary to re-sort the existing posts but archive them in sub boards (e.g., "WSL 1 Posts 2015", "WSL 1 Posts 2016", and so on). Those who intend to locate certain past posts can always use the search feature. Also, the younger users seem to care less about archiving/retrieving content but focus on now (see: Snapchat).

6Fewer subforums Empty suggestion Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Can you put a general topic thread under each club so that we don't have to start a new topic each time something new happens at each club? Thanks and I am enjoying this forum. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum