FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fara Williams & Asisat Oshoala among injured trio

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Guest wrote:That's interesting about quality over quantity because in theory it's a good idea unless a key person(s) gets injured. And that's what frustrates me the most about Beard is his lack of depth in certain areas, namely the midfield and centre-back positions and his stockpiling of forwards (we have like six at the moment). He never adequately replaced Fors or Dacosta so when Fara got injured we were in a bad way. I rate Zelem and Dale has potential but their both young and need consistent experience around them and they're not getting that from Staniforth or Katrin who are both coming off injury themselves. Also why he hasn't added depth to our CB's is beyond me. I like White but he should have signed a defender not a forward because while a defender might not win you games they go a long way at helping you not lose them. A couple of draws instead of loses after the world cup break would have us sitting in a different position in the league table at the moment.
It's hard to say who is a replacement for who when we haven't even been able to field a steady line up nevermind a first choice one. It's very frustrating all round really. I assumed that up top it was Oshoala in for Davison; a returning Staniforth taking DaCosta's place but not necessarily DaCosta's position; Rolser coming back to retake her position that we left empty for her; and Smosgard was the only real addition. Then there is Hodson. And Longhurst too, although she has become more of an auxiliary 'whatever is needed' rather than a forward. Now we have swapped Rolser for White. 

We have enough bodies up top but not enough goals, and it is due in part to not having a decent midfield behind it. Which is due to injuries to both Katrin and Fara, whilst Staniforth was still getting up to speed, and whilst Zelem was off with England.

Fara mentioned in the pre-match talk on BT that she was about 4 or 5 weeks out - she mentioned her priority is getting fit for the Champions league games.

I always figured that Fara would aim to be fit for England's first qualifier in September and than slowly be managed back into club play but that fixture is like three weeks out so probably won't happen.  It would be great if she's fit enough to play against Brescia in October. I must say that with all our injuries in the past few years I'm not always optimistic about their timelines.

It's worth keeping in mind that for this season at least the WSL will be concluded prior to the CL kicking off and that it wouldn't be unheard of for players to leave after the final WSL game and duck out on whatever else remains (in this case the CL and a potential Conti semi and final as well). Engen for example is one who did this when she joined Tyreso. So by the time the CL comes around we may not be contending with just unfit and injured players but departed ones too. Although I don't know if this actually applies to anybody, just that it could.

Aren't you a ball of sunshine on a Monday? I understand where you're coming from but besides Rolser, who left already I don't see any of our girls leaving straight at the end of the regular season for a winter league club. Chelsea is far more likely to be affected this than Liverpool.

Easton has a suspected broken arm after today's match. It's a good job Ryland and Murray are back now, but any Easton absence will mean us having to find somebody else for the midfield spot which she has been occupying at times. We get one back, we lose another. Will we ever have a full team? Laughing

Acer

Anonymous wrote:Easton has a suspected broken arm after today's match. It's a good job Ryland and Murray are back now, but any Easton absence will mean us having to find somebody else for the midfield spot which she has been occupying at times. We get one back, we lose another. Will we ever have a full team? Laughing

I swear, did the team smash a bunch of mirrors in the dressing room in preseason?

I'm glad Easton's injury is not any worse, I was concerned for her when I heard she went down and stayed down on 5 live. She will definitely be missed in our  tattered defense.  It sounded like a pretty brutal game out there today.  I know that Man City is a pretty physical side and we aren't pushovers but I wasn't expecting this from a rather inconsequential game. It was nice to have Murray starting and hopefully she'll get her match fitness/awareness quickly also good to have Ryland playing more minutes.

I don't think we have had a broken bone before? Maybe we just have to cycle through the list of possible injuries and once we tick them all off we will be fine from then on.

I really do hope this is the last time we find ourselves in this position though. The winter needs to be filled with either a proper look at the training to make amendments which would help avoid injury in the first place or numerous squad additions so we at least don't feel them. Preferably both. Even with development team players counting for the first team our squad is quite small for the job at hand. That isn't unique to us but it is a handicap all the same.

I hope Easton has plans to keep her career going, because if not, should this arm break rule her out of the rest of the season it might mean she has played her last game.

34Fara Williams & Asisat Oshoala among injured trio - Page 2 Empty Our Season Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Acer

Sigh Sad

The notes in last night's match program say Easton is out for a possible 6 weeks, but that she could return early with a soft cast if she heals well. Pretty standard really. But it will have to be early if she is to be available for Brescia.

36Fara Williams & Asisat Oshoala among injured trio - Page 2 Empty Longhurst Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:33 pm

@LFCladies: Scans reveal @LFCladies number seven @katelonghurst20 is out of action for four to six weeks- http://t.co/Emwn7bHYLO http://t.co/jy8EKxTzVh

What is going on? Is training and playing in the Select Stadium a reason for our injuries?

Plenty of teams train and play on artificial surfaces and don't seem to suffer anywhere near the amount of injuries we do. If you consider them all as one then it's a lot, but I reckon if you broke them all down into type most would be the sort which are just as likely to happen on grass. Oshoala and Williams for example were contact injuries for a start. The club will have a better idea of whether or not the surface is playing a part but we can't really say because half the time we don't even know what the injury is.

And even if it was the pitch, I don't see an alternative.

38Fara Williams & Asisat Oshoala among injured trio - Page 2 Empty Stout Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!

It was nice to see Oshoala back on the pitch tonight. Did Fara give any update on her status? She is cutting it bloody fine now.

40Fara Williams & Asisat Oshoala among injured trio - Page 2 Empty Re: Fara Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:15 am

I saw on Twitter were she told BT that it would be a few more weeks. Maybe the second leg of our CL in Italy and the final of the Conti Cup if we get that far? I don't want her rushed back too early but man do we need her out on the pitch. I was hoping that Lucy would really step up and boss that midfield around but that was a lot to ask of her and little Katie needs an experienced player to play along side of.

It's so depressing, the girls have had a really hard year. Proud of each of them though

I was really hoping Fara would be properly ready for the first leg against Bresica. The need to get her ready at all depends entirely on how many games she can actually feature in before the end of the season, and right now I'm not expecting progression in either of the competitions we are still in so it could be all that hard work just for one match. Kind of seems a bit pointless.

42Fara Williams & Asisat Oshoala among injured trio - Page 2 Empty Stout Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:28 pm

It looks like Stout didn't travel to Italy, does anyone know if she's out for the last few games?

I almost cried when I say Bonner go down. I'd be very surprised if she's not out for the rest of the season. The girls deserved at least a draw tonight but still all to play for next Wednesday.

Did someone curse us at the beginning of the season? This amount of injury is a bit ridiculous at this point.

Guest wrote:Did someone curse us at the beginning of the season? This amount of injury is a bit ridiculous at this point.
It was happening last year as well, just not to this degree and it was mostly in the first half of the season only not season long.

You could put it down to nothing more than back luck if you wanted to, but is there too much injury for bad luck to be the only explanation? I know a lot of our injuries are impact related but that doesn't mean we aren't still doing something wrong to make our players unable to withstand impact.

Bonner's season is finished. Ankle ligament damage. http://ladies.liverpoolfc.com/news/reds_captain_bonner_is_ruled_out_for_rest_of_season.html

I know a lot of our injuries are impact related but that doesn't mean we aren't still doing something wrong to make our players unable to withstand impact.

How exactly? Most of injuries would have been hard to prevent training wise. Stout being clobbered in the dying seconds of the Chelsea game, Easton being stomped on, Gibbons having a brain tumour, even Bonner's was a rash last ditch clearance that more times than not would leave a player injured and Fara picked up her knock from the world cup. I think it's harsh to put it down to training and some of these last few injuries are just down to overuse because of the thin squad.

Guest wrote:How exactly? Most of injuries would have been hard to prevent training wise. Stout being clobbered in the dying seconds of the Chelsea game, Easton being stomped on, Gibbons having a brain tumour, even Bonner's was a rash last ditch clearance that more times than not would leave a player injured and Fara picked up her knock from the world cup. I think it's harsh to put it down to training and some of these last few injuries are just down to overuse because of the thin squad.
The wear and tear of daily artificial pitch use making joints and muscles more susceptible to damage? It could just be a complete coincidence that the only team in WSL1 who has an artificial pitch happens to be the one with a considerably longer injury list than anybody else. Or it might not be. Who knows. It's not like we can do anything about it anyway.

Beard said Bonner's injury makes it eight senior players unavailable. But who are they all? Bonner, Williams, Easton, Longhurst, Schroder, Smorsgard. Stout? That's still only seven.

Harris would make it eight. Then swap Williams for Oshoala. https://twitter.com/gembon23/status/653313103946489856

But why is Oshoala back out of the team. And Beard said Harris would be fine for the second leg but crutches three days before suggests otherwise.

There is a breakdown of the injuries in this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34505746

Gemma Bonner - Ankle - Still injured
Martha Harris- Foot - Still injured
Kate Longhurst - Concussion/Ankle - 2 weeks/Still injured
Libby Stout - Groin/Shoulder - 1 week/Still injured
Danielle Gibbons - Knee/Brain tumour - 1 week/5 months
Corina Schroder - Back - 3 months
Fara Williams - Hamstring - 3 months
Ashley Hodson - Knee - 3 months
Asistat Oshoala - Knee - 2 months
Becky Easton - Broken arm - 2 months
Satara Murray - Hamstring - 2 months
Katrin Omarsdottir - Concussion - 1 month