FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

EURO 2017 Qualifying

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:13 pm

They aren't showing any patience and aren't connecting with anyone for attack. Their passing is abysmal and where is their creativity. They are barely stretching Bosnia and up to this point it's attacking as individuals and not as a team. I'm wondering if they even know each others names at this point.

Stop with shots that are going mile high over the crossbar.

27EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Christiansen has a beautiful foot, next Fara?

Diving is becoming a mainstay in the game now. Disgraceful

28EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:27 pm

I'm not seeing any issues which haven't been apparent before. It's just that we excuse them when the opposition is good. Sides like we are facing today expose them in a way which can't be missed, and since we aren't scoring in this particular game they can't just be glossed over.

29EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Guest wrote:This is a very disjointed England side.
Too many changes. You can see why he doesn't deviate for important games because if we go with a Plan B it takes us the best part of 90 minutes to get to grips with it. Sometimes we get away with that, but BH have proven to be a tougher wall to get through than other qualifying opposition have.

30EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Too many changes.

I'll buy that with the build up play (not a good excuse at this level) but there is no excuse for not being able to convert at least one of those corners.

31EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Davison and Clarke are the only two whose runs, both with and without the ball, are causing any problems. Nobbs, Christiansen and Aluko are swamped in the middle by blue shirts. But if you're stretching the game wide with the aim of putting balls into the box it isn't 5ft3 Aluko you want on the end of them.

32EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Clarke is coming off because?

33EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Even with the follow up sub I'm not sure what the thinking is for swapping Clarke and Christiansen with Scott and Duggan.

34EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:59 pm

I don't know either. I wouldn't have subbed Christiansen off. We are missing Fara, love Bassett but that's not her natural role.

35EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Send in Scott to get the job done, thank you.

36EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Guest wrote:Even with the follow up sub I'm not sure what the thinking is for swapping Clarke and Christiansen with Scott and Duggan.
Scott will have come on to get some height in the box. But the subs took off two players who were putting the ball into the box in the first place. Scott has scored now though so no doubt it will be labelled a masterstroke.

37EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Scott will have come on to get some height in the box

What i don't understand is that to stretch the opponent and get crosses in and attempts on goal you don't necessarily need height you can play to feet. There is a lack of creativity and crisp accurate passing to make that happen though. All a moot point at this time, we did have a target man and we are one up. I'm a little disappointed in Nobbs, she needs to do better for us especially against poor opposition.

38EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Bar coming away with the 3pts I don't think much else went to script. But that was exactly the kind of game we needed to level some heads.

39EURO 2017 Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2017 Qualifying Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:43 pm

I totally agree, this was a horrible showing. The girls being in off season can not be an excuse, all the England girls on that pitch (maybe not Turner) are fully professional and have training routines to stay fit in the off season. How many of the Bosnia girls are even remotely professional and train the amount that our girls do?

Only Bardsley, Houghton, and Nobbs played both games so the other girls shouldn't have been fatigued and yet it takes a player that ran her heart out against Germany and is carrying a knock to make a positive impact on the game. Our range shots are horrible and something all of our midfielders need to work on or stop taking them during games. Some of them were so off target it was embarrassing. Very disappointed in this performance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum