FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 16 of 18]

376 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Time is of the essence when you're still doing business at the start of February.
It's not that late. The first WSL game isn't until the end of March. I don't think that Oshoala or her agent will be in any hurry as they are the ones being wooed. It'll be interesting to see what lengths that Arsenal go to get her and somewhat in the public eye as well. Guaranteed playing time? One things is for sure if Arsenal do sign her, everyone will know that she has a buy out clause.

377 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Watched the clip of Harding's signing for Liverpool and she mentioned she would be there for two years. Fara tweeted that she was on a two year contract. I wonder if players are being told by their agents to disclose publicly the time frame of their contracts so other clubs will know their value at each transfer window?

378 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Guest wrote:Watched the clip of Harding's signing for Liverpool and she mentioned she would be there for two years. Fara tweeted that she was on a two year contract. I wonder if players are being told by their agents to disclose publicly the time frame of their contracts so other clubs will know their value at each transfer window?
It's hard to say because some clubs are happy to disclose this themselves and others don't. It could be intentional secrecy, it could also just be that some are moving with the times faster than others. There are a lot of new practices being adopted right now as the more professional way of operating takes over. 

If it is intentional secrecy then I don't get why they are bothering nowadays because I can't imagine it's that hard for somebody to find out. Nobody really follows the 'don't speak to that player/agent without permission' rule to the letter of the law. Agents shop their players around and clubs find out whether making an offer is worth it before they do all the time.

379 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:28 pm

I think that Megan Campbell might have signed for City, I could be really wrong though

380 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:21 pm

Guest wrote:I think that Megan Campbell might have signed for City, I could be really wrong though
I assume you mean Ireland's Megan Campbell, who passed on the NWSL? I've been expecting her to turn up somewhere in England. City have a LB though so they would have to recycle Stokes into something else.

381 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:02 pm

Yes, she just followed them on twitter and favourited their opening fixture tweet. I think she's good friends with Stokes as well so it could be a draw for her. I wouldn't be surprised if Stokes is converted into a winger/wingback, she's fast and whips nice crosses into the box. It could be why City let go of Harding and Stoke is third choice left back, if she could be converted to winger she'd have more chance of being called up more regularly since Sampson doesn't seem to have a favourite at that position currently.

382 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:16 pm

^ I still think the swap was Harding/Asllani. The timing of it all suggests that. But maybe City identifying the need for a new LB and the subsequent need to re-purpose Stokes in all that is why Johnston was let go? I doubt we will ever know for sure.

383 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:10 pm

Laverty is now saying this England player transfer isn't being announced tomorrow but on Tuesday instead so it doesn't get buried by men's deadline day coverage.

384 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:31 pm

Lbr unless it's Houghton, it's going to buried under men's football period. The fall out of deadline day will still be dominating headlines on Tuesday.

386 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:23 pm

The transfer window closes March 18th say the BBC. Six and a bit weeks.

388 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Notts have lost Walton to a self inflicted injury. https://twitter.com/SophieWalton14/status/694948025945432064

389 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Notts have lost Walton to a self inflicted injury
That was a bit crass of you. Congrats to Walton

391 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:49 pm

I don't know how reliable this is but since it's the only update we've got I'm posting it: http://sportsdayonline.com/oshoala-im-still-liverpool/

Although Oshoala confirmed that she has been approached by Arsenal, the Ikorodu-born lass stressed that reports about her joining The Gunners ahead of the new season in Women’s Super League were hasty.

England’s women’s league will begin late next month, with Arsenal facing Reading in their opener on the 23rd, and Oshoala insists The Gunners beat the gun by announcing that she was on her way to joining them, even as the transfer is still far off.

“I am still discussing with Arsenal, everything is unofficial for now. I don’t really want to go into details, I still have a contract running with Liverpool,” Oshoala, who is back home in Nigeria enjoying her holiday, told allnigeriasoccer com

392 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:15 pm

England’s women’s league will begin late next month, with Arsenal facing Reading in their opener on the 23rd, and Oshoala insists The Gunners beat the gun by announcing that she was on her way to joining them, even as the transfer is still far off.

Delicious, contract negotiations must not be going well. I think Liverpool released their statement to put pressure on Arsenal and alleviate rumours about her going the Gunners (like with Fara) because Arsenal haven't announced anything about her going to the club yet. A lot of their fans want her though and think she's coming, Oshoala and her agent are playing this one very nicely.

393 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:33 pm

It will be interesting to see just how long it takes for her to agree terms with Arsenal. Now we know Liverpool are heading to South Africa it probably explains why she hasn't been back in England yet; there's no reason to fly her in from Nigeria while she negotiating with another club only to then fly her back the other way to Johannesburg in a couple of weeks should she still be their player. They may as well leave her where she is for now, let her speak to Arsenal, and then see if it's their job to get her to Johannesburg or Arsenal's job to get her to London.

394 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Guest wrote:It will be interesting to see just how long it takes for her to agree terms with Arsenal.
How long can Arsenal realistically wait on this before just caving and giving her whatever she wants? Their options sound limited and time is ticking so what's to stop them panicking into saying fine have your lot. Unless she desperately wants out of Liverpool she has no reason to lessen her demands. And unless Liverpool need to part with her they won't force it either.

395 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:00 pm

I totally agree. I don't think Liverpool will force Oshoala to leave (it's clear that Rogers has been backed by the club this transfer window and she is good publicity for the club so I doubt they would be adverse to her deciding to stay after all) and Arsenal need a striker. They can play all "the beautiful football" on earth but it doesn't matter if they can't score. I am very surprised that Arsenal haven't finished with this signing yet, especially with them already on their preseason friendlies/training. They obviously want her or they wouldn't have bid so high for her so whats the hold up?

396 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:And unless Liverpool need to part with her they won't force it either.
They may do if they want to bag that fee. The fact she is even speaking with Arsenal says a lot about her commitment to Liverpool or lack thereof. They might feel that if she isn't fully on board they should cash in now while they still can in case she walks in 12 months time for nothing.

397 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:10 pm

in case she walks in 12 months time for nothing.
If this happens I don't see her staying in the WSL, she'll go a league and club that will pay her what she wants. All Liverpool would have to do is keep her on the books for one more year. Yes, they are out of money but they haven't strengthened their opponent during that time. I could be money well spent.

398 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:21 pm

The fact she has a release clause in her current contract means Liverpool are powerless to keep her if she doesn't want to stay. They can't send Arsenal away by rejecting their interest, they can only appeal to Oshoala not to leave them. One way to do that is to simply ask and have her say fine, something which doesn't appear to be happening if she is negotiating with Arsenal. The only other option is to offer her incentive in the form of a new contract of equal or above Arsenal's offer. She could very easily use this to get better terms out of Liverpool because if they really wanted her to stay they would be starting their own negotiations with her.

399 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Josie Henning is hanging out with Arsenal. Signed? Trial? Either way she is all over their photos and videos.

400 Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:43 pm

If Arsenal hold to form they announce it some time next month after Henning has followed them on social media and posted a picture of herself in Arsenal kit and shopping at Puma on instagram. When was the last game that she played for PSG? Stoney doesn't look happy in any of the Arsenal photos, is she injured is that why Arsenal have signed Henning?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum