FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumours & Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 18]

276Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:20 am

Rich Laverty ‏@RichJLaverty
Atlanta Primus the latest youngster to leave Chelsea Ladies for Yeovil. Expecting a youngster out of Arsenal Ladies soon (on loan).

277Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Beth England has left Doncaster for Chelsea. No official word yet, just an accidentally leaked one 
https://twitter.com/Back_2_Action/status/689767170738364416

278Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:23 pm

That England tweet has been deleted now. It was there for at least an hour though before anybody picked up on it.

280Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm

Surely this means that Davison is leaving? Man City? I saw a random tweet awhile back the said Gemma w as going to Liverpool. I dismissed it because it wasn't a reliable source but Gemma would most likely see the best playing time there.

What is going on this season? Arsenal has too many midfielders and Chelsea has too many firwards. Is this Goldilocks and the three bears, will Man City get it just right?

281Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:37 pm

I don't even think City need forwards, so no they too would get it wrong. It would have to be Goldilocks and the four bears with Liverpool getting it just right.

282Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:47 pm

Hayes herself rubbished Davison to City. If you wanted to be pedantic it's possible to say she was only rubbishing Davison's destination and not her making an exit. A half bluff. Or maybe the whole thing was a bluff and City is in fact a goer.

If she is moving, but it's not to City, then it's a weird return to Liverpool or an even weirder return to Arsenal. The rest either don't need her or wouldn't interest her.

283Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:55 pm

I was expecting Arsenal to sign her, she's a better option than the rumoured Taylor. England had to have come with a sizeable transfer fee since she signed with Sunderland last summer. May have been more than Arsenal were willing to pay.

284Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:57 pm

England to Chelsea is another I can't understand from both the POV of the club and the player. Chelsea were going to struggle to give their forwards game time even when England wasn't a part of that but now she is it's going to be even harder still if nobody is leaving. And she herself must surely know she is going to be bottom of the playing priority order. I could understand her leaving Doncaster if their new signings have pushed her out, but why go to where you will hardly play.

285Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Hayes herself rubbished Davison to City. If you wanted to be pedantic it's possible to say she was only rubbishing Davison's destination and not her making an exit. A half bluff. Or maybe the whole thing was a bluff and City is in fact a goer

A forward has to go, they had too many before. Someone has to go. Fran signed in the summer, Eni is the face of their club, Ji just re-signed, Carney just signed and England just signed. Who is the odd player out in this situation?

286Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Yorston has quite a few ties to the south west, so unless she is willing to sever them for now and relocate we're really only looking at a return to Bristol, or a slightly further afield trip to Oxford or Reading.

Wonder if we will see her show up at Liverpool. She's played with Chamberlain and Ingles before and her experienced head is something that Liverpool's young squad could use.

287Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:16 pm

Guest wrote:A forward has to go, they had too many before. Someone has to go. Fran signed in the summer, Eni is the face of their club, Ji just re-signed, Carney just signed and England just signed. Who is the odd player out in this situation?
I agree somebody has to go. But we said exactly the same thing about somebody having to go from Arsenal's midfield and the only one to leave so far is Bailey; who wouldn't have been a starter, so was not the problem and whose exit is therefore not the solution. 

Maybe we're all just struggling to adjust to a new era of genuine squad depth. It might have now become the norm to have way more than you need and it's time to get used to it.

288Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re:Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:21 pm

I was expecting Arsenal to sign her, she's a better option than the rumoured Taylor. England had to have come with a sizeable transfer fee since she signed with Sunderland last summer. May have been more than Arsenal were willing to pay.
Disregard this my mind read Beth Mead NOT Beth England.  Mead would be a good signing for Arsenal though.

289Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:45 pm

^ And a damn costly one too. Sunderland were wise to get her signature on a contract until 2019. She isn't going anywhere unless a small fortune goes the other way. They would be well within their rights to use Kirby's fee of 60k as their starting point.

291Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Humphrey to Doncaster and England to Chelsea all being announced on the same day. Are those moves related or coincidence I wonder.

292Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Guest wrote:A forward has to go, they had too many before. Someone has to go. Fran signed in the summer, Eni is the face of their club, Ji just re-signed, Carney just signed and England just signed. Who is the odd player out in this situation?
Your points about Fran and Eni only apply if you view this from the angle of the club pushing a move and how they wouldn't want to. If it was Fran or Eni themselves wanting out it's totally different. But would they? Ji just resigned but all that means is Chelsea now get a fee for her if she moves on. They should know all about that since the exact same scenario played out when they got Kirby. The only two definite non-leavers would be Carney and England. You can make a case for any of the other three and Davison. But I get the sense they are all staying. Whether they remain there for the whole season is another matter though.

293Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:51 pm

England doesn't strike me as the type of signing which Hayes would make to replace one of Aluko, Kirby, Ji or Davison. She would have found a bigger player, right? If somebody has indeed gone then Carney would be the replacement and England just a bit of cover, but the announcement order is deceiving.

Whatever the story behind it all, it surely rules out Chelsea signing Asllani? That can't possibly happen now, even if somebody has left and certainly not if everybody stays.

294Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 am

Anounymous

Guest wrote:Daly was drafted by Houston and all of the signs suggest she is staying in America.

Rachel Daly commits to playing in NWSL
http://keepernotes.com/2016/01/19/rachel-daly-commits-to-playing-in-nwsl/

295Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:30 am

I hope Sunderland's announcement today is a double or even triple signing. Imagine making your fans wait until mid-Jan for a new player and then teasing for a week only to reveal Staniforth who got leaked two months ago  Laughing

296Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Double announcement it is. I suppose that makes up for some of the wait.

http://sunderland.fawsl.com/news/ladies_capture_staniforth_and_sjoman.html#q5YFaW1QImRT7FwS.97

297Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Did Liverpool release Staniforth or what? Because she wasn't included on the list of players released which they announced earlier in the winter and they also haven't said anything today about her transferring to Sunderland either. Normally we get news of a release or a joint announcement of sorts from old club and new club at the same time.

298Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Did Liverpool release Staniforth or what?
Not that I recall. They may have forgotten they hadn't announced her release. I can't imagine she was on more than a two year contract so she shouldn't be still under contract. They'll probably tweet that she's left the club and wish her luck in the near future.

Wonder if Sunderland will announce Johnston tomorrow or was that all hot air?

299Transfer Rumours & Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 pm

That Johnston to Sunderland tweet only appeared two days ago but it's hard to gauge how far along it could be based on that. They also haven't given advanced warning for any more news. I get the feeling it could come at any time, but we are of course at that point in the winter where any time has to mean soon.

I think next week could be a really busy one. The current international window will be putting a hold on the announcements of anybody who is away with their national team right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum