FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

I haven't been impressed with Aresnal at all this season (I've only seen the games on BT). Ubogagu IMO has been the only one to be consistently scoring and most of those goals have been from hoofballs.

52 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Guest wrote:I haven't been impressed with Aresnal at all this season (I've only seen the games on BT). Ubogagu IMO has been the only one to be consistently scoring and most of those goals have been from hoofballs.

They don't appear to have enough of a midfield to do anything but hoof. And I don't believe it is entirely due to the absence of Nobbs.

53 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:07 pm

That was probably as fluky as City's but they all count no matter how much Cushing wants to shake his head. 1-1

54 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Can't help but think that if Janssen hadn't knocked Ubogagu over she would have stopped Bronze putting that ball across the box for Christiansen. 1-2

55 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:26 pm

yikesssss, christiansen was completely unmarked. what is happening to arsenal's defence? Mad

View user profile

56 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:27 pm

what a goal! toni duggan! Shocked

View user profile

57 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:28 pm

That was some goal from Duggan.

58 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Not sure why he has taken Ubogagu off, she was the only one who looked likely to do anything.

59 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Nice headed goal from Natalia. That cross from Scott is what she tried to do for Ubogagu in the first half when she ended up putting it in the back of the net herself.

60 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:54 pm

2-3 FT. Nice game. Arsenal won't like it, but in terms of the title race this is the result which keeps the drama level up.

61 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:40 am

kemlyn

Admin

View user profile

62 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Liverpool's remaining fixtures: Bristol (h), Arsenal (h), City (a), Chelsea (h), Bristol (a)
Birmingham's remaining fixtures: Sunderland (h), Bristol (a), Notts (a), Arsenal (a)
Bristol's remaining fixtures: Liverpool (a), Birmingham (h), City (a), Liverpool (h)

63 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:37 pm

I don't think Liverpool are in the relegation fight as it currently stands. They are certainly hovering above it but I think the gap was too big to begin with to say they are actually in it. Having said that, if they were to lose to Bristol in two weeks time they very much would be. But right now it is Bristol vs Birmingham for the drop.

64 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:04 pm

On the BT review show they said that Jade Moore was out injured with an ankle issue, and unsure when she would return. That will be a big blow if both her and Carney (think she went off injured in the game) are out for the rest/most of their games.

View user profile

65 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:06 pm

I completely missed that Moore was absent. Carney came off in the 49th minute straight after Chelsea got their third goal, which suggests they only wanted to field her while there was still a chance of points. It can't be that bad if she played the first half but still, they are clearly protecting something. If I remember correctly, an injury to Moore at the end of last season was a deciding factor in them not winning the title. If history repeats itself it could end in relegation this time.

66 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Yeah. I noticed Moore wasn't on the team sheet but didn't know the reason why until the Review show.

It will be interesting to see who plays for Birmingham in their next fixture for the continental cup. If Carney has got a problem I would expect them to rest her and only play her in the league fixtures (at least that would seem sensible - although depends whether you want to win the cup or not be relegated)

Bristol vs Birmingham is also made more interesting in that they play each other two weeks on the trot at Bristol. One for the cup, the other for the league.

View user profile

67 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Looks like Siobhan Chamberlain is getting a game today against Bristol - good to see even though Carly has played a couple of games that Sio is still getting some game time.

Makes sense as it's a Conti Cup game not a league game.

View user profile

68 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:38 am

23 August
Liverpool v Bristol

24 August
Birmingham v Sunderland
Notts County v Man City
Arsenal v Chelsea

69 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:26 am

There is the potential for some very interesting results this weekend. But I can't decide if I genuinely think they could happen or if I'm only thinking it because I want them to. Wins for Bristol, Birmingham, Notts and Arsenal would make things very entertaining indeed, but I guess the chance of all four getting wins is remote.

70 Match Thread - Arsenal vs Chelsea - 23/08/15 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:57 am

kemlyn

Admin
Arsenal XI: Van Veenendaal, Mitchell, Stoney, Losada, Natalia, Carter, Corredera, Rose, Janssen, Wubben-Moy, Bailey
subs: Bryne, Sampson, Nobbs, Yankey, Ubogagu, Humphrey, Kelly

Chelsea XI: Lindahl; Blundell, Flaherty, Fahey, C.Rafferty, Chapman (c), Spence, Kirby, Ji, Davison, Aluko
subs: Hourihan, Bright, Borges, Legg, Coombs, Brett, Primus.

Last edited by kemlyn on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

71 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:25 am

I'm struggling to call this one. Chelsea's recent form against teams around them in the table has not been good - they lost against both Sunderland and City in the league and were also beaten by Arsenal in the Conti game just last weekend. But since Chelsea were somewhat under-strength for that Conti game it is hard to gauge things. I hope it is a decent watch whatever happens.

72 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:48 pm

I'll have an Arsenal win please, just to keep as many horses in the race as possible. Or failing that a draw.

73 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:03 pm

I don't think Liverpool were ever in danger of being in the relegation fight, nevermind relegated, but they certainly aren't going to be now after beating Bristol last night. It looks like we are headed for Birmingham v Bristol in two weeks time being something of a relegation shootout. I can't see either taking points in their remaining games from anybody but each other. And the fact they get a dress rehearsal in the Conti Cup a week before is just going to make it even more interesting.

74 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Anonymous wrote:I don't think Liverpool were ever in danger of being in the relegation fight, nevermind relegated, but they certainly aren't going to be now after beating Bristol last night. It looks like we are headed for Birmingham v Bristol in two weeks time being something of a relegation shootout. I can't see either taking points in their remaining games from anybody but each other. And the fact they get a dress rehearsal in the Conti Cup a week before is just going to make it even more interesting.

Birmingham are currently 1-0 up against Sunderland...

Going to be an interesting second half!

View user profile

75 Re: 2015 - WSL1 General Match Discussion on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Day of draws so far. Birmingham 1-1 Sunderland and Notts 2-2 City.

I'd be lying if I said I saw either result coming.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum