FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 Pre Season friendlies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

262016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:32 pm

What was Duggan's injury?

272016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:41 pm

What was Duggan's injury?

I think they are referring to the injury she sustained last season when she was tackled from behind by Dowie. She hasn't been back for Man City since than and she was played sparingly for England in their November games.

282016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:43 pm

302016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:46 am

Manchester City WFC ‏@MCWFC Feb 9
.@MCWFC to face @MelbCityWFC in Abu Dhabi next week. #cityontour #together

Read: http://manc.it/1V24P6O

I think most of Melbourne City players are either on national duty or have gone back to their home club so that isn't going to be a very competitive game.

312016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:33 pm

I don't think City's trips to the UAE are done for competition purposes, but at least this one having a match makes it more purposeful than their last visit.

Clubs choosing to do some of or all of their preseason overseas is a bit disappointing for fans though. It's nice to be able to get acquainted with what has changed before the proper games start.

322016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:00 pm

332016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:58 pm

Clubs choosing to do some of or all of their preseason overseas is a bit disappointing for fans though.

It was nice of Man City to have a competitive friendly game in front of their home fans. The Belles just had a friendly against Spartans FC and Notts has a game against Everton so several clubs are having friendlies in front of their fans albeit maybe not that competitive. I'd imagine almost all the clubs have had at least one or two behind-closed-door friendlies so far. I am surprised that we haven't heard about any friendlies from Chelsea yet.

342016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Notts 4 - 0 Everton. Flint, Buet, White, Crichton

Doncaster played Villa yesterday but I can't find the score anywhere. And Liverpool had a game against Sheffield.

352016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 am

Chelsea are off to Paris today for a closed door game against PSG.

362016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:54 am

382016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Chelsea Ladies FC ‏@ChelseaLFC 9h9 hours ago
Full-time and it finishes 5-1 to @ChelseaLFC! Karen Carney scored our fifth goal in Paris. #CLC

I think that PSG had a game on the weekend and one again this weekend so they might have not fielded a very strong side but good preseason game for Chelsea nonetheless.

Manchester City WFC ‏@MCWFC 52m52 minutes ago
Highlights from our win over @MelbCityWFC are available!

Watch: http://manc.it/1RNTKaE #cityontour #FBMAChallenge

392016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:04 pm

Sunderland 1-2 Hibs - Chaplen
Arsenal 4-1 Aberdeen - Williams, McCabe, Smith, OG
Liverpool 2-1 Yarona - Zelem, Weir

402016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Sunderland 1-2 Hibs - Chaplen
Arsenal 4-1 Aberdeen - Williams, McCabe, Smith, OG
Liverpool 2-1 Yarona - Zelem, Weir

Who is Hibs? I read somewhere that Mead is injured, does anyone know for how long?

Do you know who was in goal for Arsenal?

The Liverpool result is hard to gauge. They would have touched down on Friday night/early Saturday morning so that's a hell of a turn around time for them. It was hard to really tell by the club's tweets but it seemed that Yarona was bunkered down and playing on the counter. Liverpool did come from behind to win but were Yarona getting tired at the end?

The Belles won 4-0 but I don't know who against. Notts plays against Bristol on Tuesday. I'd say that would be an interesting game but now that Earps is at Reading I see Notts comfortably winning that game.

These preseason games are hard to get anything meaningful out of. Wolfsburg comfortably beat Arsenal but Arsenal beat Bayern Munich who then in a real game beat Wolfsburg over the weekend. How seriously were Bayern Munich taking the game against Arsenal? Because for the first half Arsenal put out their strongest side. What was the starting IX's of Arsenal v Wolfsburg? A strong Man City side beat a preseason Rosenberg but without Marta and their new goalie. Chelsea beat PSG but in a mid-week fixture when PSG had league games on both weekends. We don't know the full starting IX of either team or the subs so that could have been a weakened PSG side. Guess we'll just have to wait until the season starts to see how good these clubs really are.

412016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:09 am

Bristol City WFC ‏@bristolcitywfc 4h4 hours ago
GOAL: #BristolCityWomen 1-3 @Official_NCLFC

5' White
44' White
51' Williams
90' Wilson

422016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:48 am

Liverpool Ladies FC ‏@LFCladies 5h5 hours ago
Full Time and it's finished 6-2 @LFCLadies.

432016 Pre Season friendlies - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Pre Season friendlies Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:37 pm

City beat Pitea 2-1 this afternoon. Chelsea drew 0-0 with them earlier this week. It's not often two sides play the same team in preseason but it's not as useful as it could have been in this case as the Chelsea one was closed door.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum