FYFAWSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FYFAWSL

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spence Returns As Ladies Boss

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spence Returns As Ladies Boss Empty Spence Returns As Ladies Boss Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Andy Spence has been re-appointed as Everton Ladies manager, returning for a second stint in charge at the club.

Spence had stepped down from the role in June after two seasons at the helm, which enabled him to focus his energies on his role as Technical Director of the very successful Blues’ Centre of Excellence.

However, Spence has returned as boss after Nicola Anderson relinquished her duties as interim manager at the end of November.

His staff will include former Toffees centre-back Lindsay Johnson, who retired from playing at the end of the 2015 season, and Under-15s coach Martin Ho.

Spence will leave his role with the Centre of Excellence to take up his new position on 1 January 2016 and admits his time away has fuelled his determination to help Everton Ladies achieve success in the near future.

“These months away from first-team duties have given me a really big opportunity to reflect on what I’ve done previously and, most importantly, what I’d like to do going forward,” Spence said. 

“It’s given me a real enthusiasm and hunger to come back in and do things slightly differently.

“Having already spoken to the players, I think they are capturing that enthusiasm coming from me and we just have to harness that ahead of pre-season.

“The main target, and the girls will probably get used to me talking about this, is to get back to Everton values. That goes from the staff, right through to the players, in that we’ve really got to identify what makes Everton unique and what is it that we want to bring to the table when we play our fixtures.”

http://everton.fawsl.com/news/spence_returns_as_ladies_boss.html#qACeEUTO0IWcvlo3.99

2Spence Returns As Ladies Boss Empty Re: Spence Returns As Ladies Boss Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:52 pm

What are Everton values? A club that could care less about their ladies side and allowed their best players to leave? I was glad that Lindsay Johnson will be part of his staff, good to see her staying in football after her retirement.

3Spence Returns As Ladies Boss Empty Re: Spence Returns As Ladies Boss Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand what has happened here. He said he stepped down because he wanted to see the club be successful. That and the rest of his comments implied he didn't think he was doing a good enough job. They were in fourth at time the time. Why does he now think he could. And further more, why would Everton give him his job back when he flaked on them at the first sign of pressure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum